Is the price right?

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Scottchp wrote:I offered £55k on Friday and they haven’t even phoned me back. Not filling me with confidence...
£55k is a good offer. It’s a long weekend, so hopefully you get feedback on Tuesday. If they couldn’t be bothered then probably better to move on anyway.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4

MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

My personal view on buying would be that you look for an example with the lowest mileage for the money, not necessarily the one with the best spec. This will help with residuals in the future.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Just looked back through some posts and saw the one of Rigger’s GTS whose spec looked very good for a GTS.

Are you aware that a Porsche GTS is different to all other non GTS variants.

It is the one tuned for the best handling and driver engagement and as such it comes as standard fairly well equipped and is finished internally and externally with GTS specific trim.

Of the many GTS members here over the years I think that it is fair to say that pro rata many have deliberately limited the extras to maintain the ethos of the GTS.

Personally if you have such as Bose and Sports Chrono on your must have list then you may well be limiting your choice. As it is Sports Chrono is a nice to have feature, in reality it is not used that often, there is zero power gain and fractional performance difference. The minimal performance gains are due to the very aggressive engine and gearbox maps that engaging SC use. What that means on the road is that SC mode is of more use on track than on twisty A or B roads. I have had SC for three years and rarely use it, Sports mode is more than enough fir a fun drive.

My final word, go with Arif’s advice, he more than any of us knows how to buy and sell a Porsche.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Now that I read Col’s note, I wish there was a Macan GTS, gen II, before the draconian restrictions proposed in 3 years time.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

MacanArif wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:00 am My personal view on buying would be that you look for an example with the lowest mileage for the money, not necessarily the one with the best spec. This will help with residuals in the future.
A factor to consider is if the car is to be a keeper, or if it’s just one you’ll only own for a relatively brief period ( :oops: ). If you plan for the car to be a keeper, I would respectfully submit that as close as you can get to your ideal spec is more important than picking the one with the lowest mileage in the hope of losing less money when you sell/trade in. Indeed not getting your optimum spec, regretting it and then selling, may cost you more. ;)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Scottchp wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:32 am I offered £55k on Friday and they haven’t even phoned me back. Not filling me with confidence...
That looks like a lovely GTS. :)

If you really like it and it’s close to your ideal spec, I’d ring then tomorrow (Tuesday) to ask their reaction to your offer.

Assuming it’s still for sale, would you go a little higher? Playing the waiting game risks the car being sold and you may not then find a better/equivalent car for what this one sold for... :?

All depends how close this one is to your ideal spec.

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Scottchp

Post by Scottchp »

There are actually a lot of highly specced cars out there, and most of the ones I’ve looked at have things I don’t want like deployable towbars or carbon steering wheels. Mileage wise I’m not too fussed about getting a low mileage car as I only do around 6k miles a year, so buying one with average or above miles should be corrected in my ownership hopefully. The search is fun but im also keen to get behind the wheel and start enjoying the car - especially as I’ve sold what has been my current car.
Fun ICE car - TBC...I’m working on it!!
Daily Grunt - 2020 Peugeot e208 GT
SOLD - 2017 Macan GTS
Volcano Grey, Air, 21” Turbos, Pan Roof, Carbon Interior and a few more luxuries...
adam b

Post by adam b »

Scottchp wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:25 pm There are actually a lot of highly specced cars out there, and most of the ones I’ve looked at have things I don’t want like deployable towbars or carbon steering wheels. Mileage wise I’m not too fussed about getting a low mileage car as I only do around 6k miles a year, so buying one with average or above miles should be corrected in my ownership hopefully. The search is fun but im also keen to get behind the wheel and start enjoying the car - especially as I’ve sold what has been my current car.
Be patient, prices are falling and you need to not get frustrated. I did at first but once I had my comparison spreadsheet running and could keep track of cars and my offers it can be fun.

I had some time to relax (was using zipcars and don't need a car most days) but needed a car before Glastonbury . I had two dealers accept my offers whilst I was on the train to pay for the car I got :roll: was almost tempted to switch but I agreed a price the day before and like to honour such things.

What are your must haves? I may be able to share over PM what I prices I had from some dealers (off sticker price)
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
weemsy6147

Post by weemsy6147 »

My old Macan Turbo Performance Pack is now a good buy at Porsche Wilmslow. They have just dropped the price another £5k to £60k
adam b

Post by adam b »

weemsy6147 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:56 pm My old Macan Turbo Performance Pack is now a good buy at Porsche Wilmslow. They have just dropped the price another £5k to £60k
I really shouldn't look now, but I don't see that listed here:

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/sea ... rKeys=7546
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)