Wanted - Macan GTS / Turbo

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
rob_911

Post by rob_911 »

Hi All,

New potential Macan owner here. After being a 911 enthusiast and owner for a number of years, I have decided to get something slightly more practical. I am in the market for a very particular specification - and I am watching Autotrader closely. If anyone is considering selling, and would like to discuss, please let me know

1. GTS or Turbo (Gen 1)
2. Sport Chrono & PSE
3. Max 30k mileage
4. Volcano exterior (or similar dark colour - black trim on top is bonus)
5. Adaptive Cruise Control
6. Pano Roof
8 Black interior leather
9. Reversing camera (at minimum - surround parking a plus)

A nice to have would be the electronically deployable tow bar - but I know this is relatively easy to retrofit.

My budget is up to GBP50k for the right car.

Thanks in advance,
Rob
Current: 2017 Macan GTS
Sold: 2012 911 Carrera S PDK
Sold: 2006 911 Carrera S Manual

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

If Sapphire Blue had been on your wish list I could have pointed you to the best used GTS you will find.
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

We were doing only a similar turbo search criteria this time last year, only keyless entry was also a requirement which made it 80% harder.

Your budget is going to be tight, so you'll likely end up close to your 30K max mileage, especially if you want a car from a dealer with a proper Porsche warranty.

We found one with all the right spec in the end but couldn't find one with a tow bar and did the retrofit. That's an extra £1800 and even the dealer we bought the car from wouldn't offer us a bundle discount.

As you want black, you may get lucky, it's a popular colour. We rejected a few we just didn't want.

Top Auto Trader tip, search for all Macan with engine size bigger than 3 litres. Quite a few don't seem to pop up otherwise, especially those with Performance Pack.

Happy to help on here or via DM if you have any questions. Not sure where you're based but if you'd like a car viewing in the SW London area before travelling I'm always up for a trip to a dealer to kick some tyres.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

I have a Volcano Gen 1 GTS with 21k on the clock and all you require does minus the ACC.

Maybe selling next year..... need something a little bigger as kids getting bigger. Just got a 992 so that itch is being scratched.

There is one in Belfast OPC but has 37k, but has warranty, etc
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3
Scottchp

Post by Scottchp »

I’ve sent you a PM Rob.
Fun ICE car - TBC...I’m working on it!!
Daily Grunt - 2020 Peugeot e208 GT
SOLD - 2017 Macan GTS
Volcano Grey, Air, 21” Turbos, Pan Roof, Carbon Interior and a few more luxuries...
rob_911

Post by rob_911 »

Thanks Scottchp. I can't respond to PMs yet - unfortunately. But perhaps if i type enough messages in the forum I will be able to reply shortly!
rob_911

Post by rob_911 »

Thanks all for your input here.

I do love Sapphire Blue, and Carmine Red on the GTS, but I just I'm just a little too boring to pull them off. I missed out the perfect spec Turbo at a dealer in Brighton by about 24hrs, as my 911 sold a day after someone put a deposit down. It had everything I wanted, 20k mileage, GBP48k. But it shifted quick.

I'm happy to take a private sale, provided the buyer is willing to put it through a 111 point check, at my expense. I would then put it under the Porsche warranty 3 months after purchase.

The hard part of my search is finding a car with ACC. There are current options available on Autotrader if I could overlook this option. But I do too much motorway driving. The electronic towbar is definitely a bonus however, given it's easily retrofitted at a reasonable price. You can't say that for the rest of my spec.
Botis

Post by Botis »

Just been on the same search myself.

ACC was a mandatory requirement for me too and unfortunately that somewhat limits the available choices out there. It seems it’s not a popular option and from my experience I’d say roughly only 1 in every 10 cars have it.

I’d been looking for a couple of months and finally found one last week. Volcano grey with ACC 😁

My advice would be to be patient and keep looking on a daily basis. When you see a spec that ticks the boxes act quickly as they don’t seem to hang around. I missed out on a couple by leaving it overnight before contacting the dealer.

Sensible to pay for 111 point before buying privately but my understanding is that Porsche will require any non genuine parts to be replaced prior to offering a warranty. This could be an issue if the owner has replaced the brakes for example with perfectly good but non oem parts.

All the best with your search
Current
2017 Macan Turbo

Gone
2016 Macan SD
rob_911

Post by rob_911 »

Cheers Botis. I'm finding very much the same - 10% of Macan's have it.

You didn't buy the volcano turbo in Brighton, did you?
Botis

Post by Botis »

Hi Rob

If its the one with the Turbo interior package in silver then I did, sorry!

Was looking at another at example at Porsche Reading with the biggest spec I have ever seen. Its up for just under £55k but imagine you could get something off that. Only downer (for me) was the agate/pebble grey interior. Apart from that it looks excellent.

Just spotted this one that is new on the Porsche approved site today

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/Macan-Turbo-214702

Its is Agate grey and has most of the stuff on your list including ACC
Current
2017 Macan Turbo

Gone
2016 Macan SD