Wanted - Facelifted 2.0T Macan

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

I am very tempted to go for this one: https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/Macan-220345

The spec is perfect for me. There is another Miami Blue one for sale with an identical spec and mileage for £3k more so this seems like it could be a decent deal: https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/Macan-210516.

Do you think that they will include the first service because the car was registered on 18 December 2018, and the Porsche site says that they will service it if the first service is due within 3000 miles or 3 months?

What are my chances of haggling on the car? Am I likely to get any money off?

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Turn the tables. Don’t ask for money off rather make them an offer of what you are willing to pay. Then if they say no say you are away to look at other options but here is my number if you change your mind in the next 24 hours.
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

MCDK wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:50 am Turn the tables. Don’t ask for money off rather make them an offer of what you are willing to pay. Then if they say no say you are away to look at other options but here is my number if you change your mind in the next 24 hours.
Cheers, I'll try that. Think I'll say £48k and see what happens. I'm not desperate for a car right now, but that is a very good spec for the price.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

thewanted wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:01 am
MCDK wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:50 am Turn the tables. Don’t ask for money off rather make them an offer of what you are willing to pay. Then if they say no say you are away to look at other options but here is my number if you change your mind in the next 24 hours.
Cheers, I'll try that. Think I'll say £48k and see what happens. I'm not desperate for a car right now, but that is a very good spec for the price.
The Tewksbury car is the better Choice, only one owner whereas the London car had two, so may have first been a demo? The first service is within weeks of being a standard for OPC preowned so would tell them that is a given. You should be able to get the service and a thousand off (unless they are still enjoying high demand)
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

MikeM wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:22 am
thewanted wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:01 am
The Tewksbury car is the better Choice, only one owner whereas the London car had two, so may have first been a demo? The first service is within weeks of being a standard for OPC preowned so would tell them that is a given. You should be able to get the service and a thousand off (unless they are still enjoying high demand)
I called them and they will include the first service. We didn't talk numbers yet, and he's going to take a video of the car for me.

The car only came in on the weekend as a part-ex so I doubt they'll negotiate, but I can try.
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

They won't budge on the price. They'll throw in Autoglym paint protection OR GAP + alloy wheel and tyre insurance (£599 RRP) but they won't discount the car unless I drop the extra year of warranty. The car will however be fitted with 4 brand new tyres and serviced.

Need to think about it...

Post by 0000 »

thewanted wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:54 am They won't budge on the price. They'll throw in Autoglym paint protection OR GAP + alloy wheel and tyre insurance (£599 RRP) but they won't discount the car unless I drop the extra year of warranty. The car will however be fitted with 4 brand new tyres and serviced.

Need to think about it...
If they've only had the car a few days I wouldn't expect any movement on price (yet). Seems decent they've offered something though. The GAP + alloy insurance is worth a few hundred quid. Personally I wouldn't go for the Autoglym from a main dealer.

Service plus 4 new tyres means a good while, perhaps up to 2 years (depending on your mileage) of low/zero maintenance costs, plus warranty for ease of mind.

It's a nice spec. Value to you is your decision!
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

I've agreed a deal in principle with the OPC, but they want a £2000 non-refundable deposit to reserve it before I go down to Tewkesbury on Friday to see it which is 2 hours each way for me. Collection would only be possible the weekend after they said.

I'm not prepared to part with that kind of money because:

1) They're basically asking me to buy the car unseen
2) My partner has not had the chance to test drive a Macan yet because Porsche Reading said their insurance wouldn't cover her EU license
3) I got stung by Audi West London a few years back when I bought a nearly new A4 which had 2 buckled wheels. They refused to believe that the problem was there when I bought the car after the very short test drive I had at <40mph.

If it gets sold by Friday then so be it.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Agree. There is no way I would pay that large a non refundable deposit. You need to see the car for sure and especially if you need to get your partner to try it out. Sit tight and as you say if it sells there will be more. Given the no discount and asking for the huge deposit which is unreasonable i think I would tell them to stick it and see if it’s still of interest to you and for sale in 2 or 3 weeks when they aren’t feeling g so confident.
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

MCDK wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:53 am Agree. There is no way I would pay that large a non refundable deposit. You need to see the car for sure and especially if you need to get your partner to try it out. Sit tight and as you say if it sells there will be more. Given the no discount and asking for the huge deposit which is unreasonable i think I would tell them to stick it and see if it’s still of interest to you and for sale in 2 or 3 weeks when they aren’t feeling g so confident.

Thanks MCDK, I appreciate it :) For once I feel like I'm buying a car with my head and not my heart.

Another car just popped up on my radar which is better spec'd for the same price, albeit a private sale. I'm waiting for the build sheet to be sent to me, but it looks like I may give the Tewkesbury car a miss for now.