Wanted - Facelifted 2.0T Macan

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

Hi all,

I am looking for a facelifted (68 plate onwards I believe) 2.0T Macan towards the end of the year.

Exterior:

Colour: Volcano Grey, Dolomite Silver, Night Blue, Crayon
Wheels: Any of the 20" or larger wheels (No black wheels unless they're the 20" Macan Turbo wheels)
Roof rails

Must haves:

BOSE
PASM
Heated front seats
Tinted rear windows
Front and rear parking sensors with reversing camera (ParkAssist)
Panoramic roof
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors
Speed limiter (ie. be able to prevent the car from going over the set speed)

Nice to haves:

14 or 18 way seats
Sport chrono

I'm based near Woking but I can travel for the right car. My budget is £53k. Looking forward to hearing what you have!

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Just so you know, the speed limiter is only available with the standard cruise control. If a car has ACC then there is no limiter.

The Porsche speed limiter does not prevent the car from going over the set speed. On a downhill gradient, the car can overspeed and all you get is a series of "pings" to warn you that you need to slow the car. It's one area where Mercedes has a much better system.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

On-Track wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:36 pm Just so you know, the speed limiter is only available with the standard cruise control. If a car has ACC then there is no limiter.

The Porsche speed limiter does not prevent the car from going over the set speed. On a downhill gradient, the car can overspeed and all you get is a series of "pings" to warn you that you need to slow the car. It's one area where Mercedes has a much better system.
Ah thanks very much! That's super disappointing though because our F55 Mini Cooper does brake downhill when the speed limiter is enabled.

jaffacake very kindly popped over with his car this evening to show me PCM4 and it's much better than the PCM3 I saw in a car 2 weeks ago!

I could definitely consider pre-facelift cars now, and I'm pondering whether to perhaps look for a GTS instead. Maybe I should close this thread until I make a firm decision on what I want...
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Worth mentioning that the ACC will also brake, but it will never override throttle movements.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Why is a speed limiter a 'must have'? Are you saying you can't drive? Is it because you already have some fast driving awards? Or is it so you can do other things while not paying attention to controlling the car?

Setting the cruise control can be helpful in maintaining speed, including going downhill.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:03 am Why is a speed limiter a 'must have'? Are you saying you can't drive? Is it because you already have some fast driving awards? Or is it so you can do other things while not paying attention to controlling the car?

Setting the cruise control can be helpful in maintaining speed, including going downhill.
Your aggressive approach and judgemental nature don't warrant a reply. Please don't trash my advert.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

If you think that response was bad wait until we start on you wanting to buy a 2.0 litre Macan :D
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

MCDK wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:22 am If you think that response was bad wait until we start on you wanting to buy a 2.0 litre Macan :D

Haha, I'm waiting for it :lol:
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

MCDK wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:22 am If you think that response was bad wait until we start on you wanting to buy a 2.0 litre Macan :D
:lol:

I'm working on him, I think he's realising the error of his ways.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

jaffacake wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:43 am
:lol:

I'm working on him, I think he's realising the error of his ways.

You and your shouty Turbo PP are a bad influence :D I'm reserving judgement until I've driven the 2.0 in anger at the PEC on Monday.