Wanted - Facelifted 2.0T Macan

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

It's not easy to see in the photos, but I can make out stitching along the top of the doors. Would that indicate that it has extended leather?

I'm due to go see the car next week which requires a 4+ hour train ride so I really need to know what to expect when I get there.

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Yes, I believe the stitching on the door tops indicates full leather, but I’m sure others will confirm.

I have full leather and you literally get leather everywhere, really lifts the cabin.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

thewanted wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:50 am It's not easy to see in the photos, but I can make out stitching along the top of the doors. Would that indicate that it has extended leather?

I'm due to go see the car next week which requires a 4+ hour train ride so I really need to know what to expect when I get there.
In an earlier post you said you'd asked the sales person to pull out the car's spec. Chase them up on that. Also, is the car advertised on the Porsche "Approved Used" site? You should be able to get an answer there.

My SD had 18 way seats with full leather and they were heated. The squab leather was perforated which those in your pictures are not. This might imply partial leather.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

On-Track wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:14 am
thewanted wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:50 am It's not easy to see in the photos, but I can make out stitching along the top of the doors. Would that indicate that it has extended leather?

In an earlier post you said you'd asked the sales person to pull out the car's spec. Chase them up on that. Also, is the car advertised on the Porsche "Approved Used" site? You should be able to get an answer there.

My SD had 18 way seats with full leather and they were heated. The squab leather was perforated which those in your pictures are not. This might imply partial leather.
Yeah it's Porsche approved. They've sent me two PDFs that say "Black leather interior, smooth-finish interior" which is also what it said on the website. I can't link to it because they're pulled the advert after I put a deposit down.

If it's been mis-advertised then it gives me ammo to negotiate further. Unfortunately I don't really know what to look for and the Porsche configurator doesn't do a good job of explaining the differences.

I guess I'll have to see if the glovebox is leather or not when I get there.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

The car has either 14 or 18 way seats which come with partial leather. If the spec says black leather interior, smooth finish interior then that's full leather.
Peter

thewanted

Post by thewanted »

On-Track wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:25 am The car has either 14 or 18 way seats which come with partial leather. If the spec says black leather interior, smooth finish interior then that's full leather.

It has the 14 way seats which I've verified. It's the full leather which I'm unsure about, but thanks to Kleynie I know what to look for now.

This is the spec:

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Wow, that is one well specced car.
Peter

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Ex demo?
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
thewanted

Post by thewanted »

Tracky wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:42 amEx demo?
No, private owner.

The story is that when Porsche released the facelifted Macan they offered 3 pre-configured specs at the launch event. I'm not sure of the exact names they used, but it was something like Sport, Premium and something else. This is the Premium model.

It was very coincidental that two of these "Premium" cars came up for sale at the same time. There's one on Autotrader at the moment which is being sold privately and I went to go look at it last week, but the seller tried to extract more money out of me after we had agreed a price and I put a deposit down. Needless to say I got my money back on that one and walked away.
pmg

Post by pmg »

thewanted wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:51 am
Tracky wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:42 amEx demo?
No, private owner.

The story is that when Porsche released the facelifted Macan they offered 3 pre-configured specs at the launch event. I'm not sure of the exact names they used, but it was something like Sport, Premium and something else. This is the Premium model.

It was very coincidental that two of these "Premium" cars came up for sale at the same time. There's one on Autotrader at the moment which is being sold privately and I went to go look at it last week, but the seller tried to extract more money out of me after we had agreed a price and I put a deposit down. Needless to say I got my money back on that one and walked away.
Correct, it was a function of the introduction of the new WLTP regs which coincided with the launch of the 2.0l Facelift and specs were restricted to the 3 they had got through wltp listing. The Premium ones were quite expensive for 20litres well into S territory and a lot of them sat at dealers for some time.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8