Thoughts please

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
IMORTAL_Indian

Post by IMORTAL_Indian »

looking at this for purchase. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... obcid=soc5 #DrivenByMe #

Is it someone on here perhaps?

Anything specific to look out for or to ask?
Thanks

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Nice car, nice spec, not unlike mine so I might say that :-)

Good that it has a Porsche warranty though it won't be the original manufacturers warranty but an extension.

I had cosmetic things changed on mine that had to be done inside 3 years; tail pipes were corroding, wheel centre caps likewise and the passenger door mirror was loose. These wouldn't be covered by the extended warranty.

I also had a minor oil leak from an over-tightened gasket that was a 3 week engine-out job to fix

I'd suggest checking the tyres are N-rated (Porsche approved) because if they are not you wouldn't be able to extend the warranty

Main issue seems to be the transfer case. Not had problems with mine but read up about it. I've just read that in the US they have extended warranty on this part to 7 years unlimited mileage, clear acknowledgement that there is an issue

Good luck
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
IMORTAL_Indian

Post by IMORTAL_Indian »

Can I extend warranty via a dealer once out of warranty or is it with a 3rd Party?
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Yes you can purchase further warranty from OPC after 3 months of ownership subject to passing their inspection, which you will be charged for. Basically everything must be Porsche approved, parts, service, tyres etc.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
mohitos

Post by mohitos »

Or have the existing owner book it in for everything and you won’t have the three month wait (at your expense)
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Nice looking GTS, great spec. I do like those wheels on the Carmine red GTS.
The transfer box should be covered under the 7 year warranty, the seller should be able to show the VIN data sheet which will confirm this or ask him to get the sheet from his OPC. Do a search re the VIN sheet it will clarify this.
The mileage is a little high for a GTS, crazy I know, but most seem to do low miles. Probably better doing decent mileage than local town runs though.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

mohitos wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:34 am Or have the existing owner book it in for everything and you won’t have the three month wait (at your expense)
It's got 6 months warranty so no issue with just renewing with Porsche when due.
mohitos

Post by mohitos »

JurassicMacan wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:33 pm
mohitos wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:34 am Or have the existing owner book it in for everything and you won’t have the three month wait (at your expense)
It's got 6 months warranty so no issue with just renewing with Porsche when due.
Ah thats true. In which case there is no 111 check charge any more. You can extend at any time though so if you book it in with the agreement of the seller it could serve as a useful PPI for you.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I don’t believe Pilot Sport 3 tyres are N rated and that will invalidate any warranty claims on the drivetrain. If I’m correct, that gives some room for negotiation.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Kleynie wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:30 pm I don’t believe Pilot Sport 3 tyres are N rated and that will invalidate any warranty claims on the drivetrain. If I’m correct, that gives some room for negotiation.
Good point, they should be Michelin Latitudes👍