Hi Spec Night Blue Macan For Sale

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
wolfie73

Post by wolfie73 »

Hi all,

I was after a bit of a steer from you on my lovely high-speced Macan (pics & spec below)

The OPC that sold me my car approached me to buy it back due to the current shortage of stock.
I wasn't remotely thinking of selling but I had it inspected and they've offered me £45k and already have a buyer for around £55k.

Just wondering if a private sale would be better for both a private buyer & myself?

The OPC explained that they couldn't offer more due to the following minimum used car standards/promise:
- Bonnet spray (a few tiny stone chips).
- Replace 1 tyre (4.1mm - others 3 tyres are 5.3mm).
- Repair a small chip in the paint on one of the Spyder wheels.
- Service & 2 year warranty .

Ideally I would have liked to have exchanged it for an electric Macan but it's not due out for a couple of years.

Let me know what you think as I'm genuinely after your views.

Many thanks :)

Spec Summary.jpg

Macan 1a.jpg

Macan 1.jpg

Macan 2.jpg

Macan 3.jpg

Macan 4.jpg

Macan 5.jpg

Guy

Post by Guy »

If you really want to sell it, I recommend www.wizzle.co.uk

No cost (to you), no pressure and you can always pull out if the bids don't reach your target price. And it looks like you already have the photos ready to upload!

Quite a few of us have used them to sell our Macans.
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

If you really want to sell it list it on Auto trader and Piston heads. Stick it on for 50k. That way someone can buy it and out a warranty on it all for less than 55k
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

I’d also suggest contacting Matt at Prestige Performance Yorkshire, as I’m sure they’d give you a good price......they bought my previous Audi Q5...great service 👍

https://www.prestigeperformanceyorkshir ... stocklist/
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Stunner of a car that
Can't imagine that would be on sale for too long
wolfie73

Post by wolfie73 »

@All - thanks for your replies & apologies for not replying sooner. I obviously did not set up notifications, doh!

@Guy
Many thanks - I had never heard of wizzle but will take a look today

@Macananon
Thanks for the advice - I'll try Auto Trader and Piston Heads but that was my thinking on the price with warranty.
The OPC has just upped their offer if they can pick it up today so I guess available stock dwindled over the weekend.

@AllanG
Thanks for the advice - I'll contact Matt and see what he says.

@hood69
Thanks - I love it and hunted for 5 months to get the spec I wanted so I'm not sure I'm ready to say goodbye...
cat5326

Post by cat5326 »

Check my post here. I was in a similar position. It will give you some further thoughts. I tried Matt and he was not buying. I tried wizzle, but the offers were £8k below below my sale price. Auto trader was OK and I did sell through this medium, but I felt I had to make sure I had good photos etc.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9633&start=40#p209799
wolfie73

Post by wolfie73 »

Many thanks cat5326
Having searched for 5 months for the spec I wanted, I know what you mean.
I don't think I gave much thought to selling it on at the time though as I thought I'd keep it for years.

Used car values have gone a bit mad. I've got over the fact that my car will be sold for c.10% more than I paid for it 18 mths ago ;-)
It's nice to be able to walk away if I feel dealers aren't being straight but to be fair, most have been really nice and candid.
It should go in the next day or so but my teenagers were very upset when I told them at the weekend...after-all, they loved the heated rear seats! :-)
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Poor OPC, even with the following very conservative prices they'd only be only just over 6 grand profit!

£1000 for front end respray, £500 for two tyres (doubt they'd replace a single), £150 for a wheel refurb, £1500 for warranty & £600 for a service.

Let's face it though, as long as all tyres are above 3mm they won't be replacing any. The few chips on the bonnet will get touched in, no repaint.

All they will end up doing is the wheel refurb, warranty and service.