Niche Technology Convenience Module

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
agblee1970

Post by agblee1970 »

I have for sale a Niche Technology Convenience Module. This adds functionality to the car, see below for details. It comes complete with fitting instructions. Cost me €399 new. Selling for £200 including post and packing.

Explanation....

All the factory functions are the same, but you now you also have:

- One touch closing of the trunk using the key fob. Simply hold the trunk button on the key fob for more than ¾ of a second and the trunk will automatically close. We chose that time as its an intentional hold, so you don’t accidentally start closing the trunk when you wish it to open further by repeatedly pressing the trunk button (factory feature).

- One touch closing of the trunk from the driver’s door button, without the ignition being on. Simply press the trunk button on the driver’s door (when the trunk is open) and the trunk will close automatically, you do not need to hold it nor have the ignition on.

- Closing of the trunk whilst moving. Once the closing procedure has been initiated in the previous feature, you can drive off, the trunk will continue to close automatically. You must be stationary to begin closing but there is no speed limit once it has begun. Perfect for busy traffic at school pick ups or needing to get going asap.

- Full closure of windows, trunk, sunroof and sunblind. Holding the lock button on the key fob for ¾ of a second triggers full closure mode, this will automatically close anything on the vehicle that is open (apart from the glovebox!), lock the doors, fold in the mirrors and set the alarm.

- Summer mode. Holding the unlock button on the key fob for ¾ of a second triggers summer mode, this will automatically open all the windows, fold out the mirrors, vent the sunroof and move the sunblind back enough to let hot air out of the vehicle. It will unlock the vehicle and disarm the alarm.

- Mirror fold on lock/unlock (we will have pre-configured this for you). When the vehicle is locked or unlocked via the key fob, the mirrors will respond accordingly by folding in on lock and out on unlock.

- Mirror puddle light delay on fold out. When the previous feature is activated at night and the vehicle is unlocked, the mirrors will fold out and once fully extended will activate the downward facing puddle lights (if fitted).

- Entry and Drive full closure. (we will have pre-configured this for you). By holding your finger on the drivers door handle for a second or more, the auto full closure mode will activate (excluding trunk), if you have the entry and drive option on your vehicle.

- Auto Volume down on ignition PCM 3/4 (we will have pre-configured this for you). Last but not least, the module will automatically turn the audio unit down upon ignition. So, although we cannot stop it reverting to the radio function, we can stop it blaring out!

More info here:
https://flat6motorsports.com/products/n ... dule-macan
Last edited by agblee1970 on Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rashg60

Post by Rashg60 »

Sounds like a nifty piece of kit. I love the auto boot closure function and had this retro-fitted on my previous Evoque.

Just a few questions:

I'm guessing this isn't an official Porsche approved product? Therefore would it invalidate any warranties on the car?

Is it a software update on the car or is it a physical product that sits in the car somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Rash
Own:
19 Porsche Macan 2.0
15 Audi RS3
15 Audi A1 1.4 TFSI
Ex:
19 Jag E-Pace R-Dynamic S
15 RR Evoque Dynamic
06 VW Golf GTI
05 Audi TT 3.2 V6
00 Audi TT 1.8T
91 VW Corrado G60
86 Pug 205 1.9 GTI
84 VW Golf GTI
agblee1970

Post by agblee1970 »

Not an official product. I fitted with absolutely no concerns at all, top rated bit of kit and where it is installed no one would ever know it was fitted. It's a physical product that gets installed in boot behind plastic panelling on tail lift. More info here:
https://flat6motorsports.com/products/n ... dule-macan

The auto boot function is why I bought it.

Hope that helps.
adam b

Post by adam b »

The link shows 3 variants depending on PCM version - 3.1 / 4 / facelift 5

Which one is for sale please?
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
agblee1970

Post by agblee1970 »

It is for version 4.0 (Apple Car Play / 2016 - 2019 Model). My car has Apple Car Play 2017 model.
agblee1970

Post by agblee1970 »

More info on what this module offers:

agblee1970

Post by agblee1970 »

*** Sold ***