Agate GTS with pebble interior wanted

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Pwuk

Post by Pwuk »

Hi there

I’m thinking of the below as my first Macan and keen to hear thoughts on spec and price? Seems a bit punchy to me but I like the spec just hope it’s not containing anything that’ll make it a tough sale in the future.

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/Macan-GTS-379159

More importantly maybe, anyone here selling similar for a better deal for both of us??

Thank you.

Pete.

Nick the Greek

Post by Nick the Greek »

Used vehicles have rocketed in price over the last six months. You also have to consider the proximity of that price to a gen 3 'S' model, that comes with 375bhp. You can of course spec a new one to your taste.
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

That is a very punchy price. By way of comparison, I sold my volcano grey car in Feb this year, similar spec, same year, just one owner and 14k miles for £44k; which was above what the OPC offered. Admittedly mine needed £1k of service costs and didn’t have a warranty but still……..

Personally I have withdrawn from the market for a 991.2 GTS as I am unwilling to play the game. Will slum it with just my 997 turbo for now…….
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris
pmg

Post by pmg »

I agree with Nick

I was in a similar situation in 2018 when the factory had just shut down for Gen1 orders. I spent 4 months looking at the second market before deciding in December a Gen 2 S order for delivery in the Spring was the better value. Of course how soon you need a car is an issue but I was happy to run through the winter in the vehicle I already had.

I would spec a New S with the exact options you need and see which OPC near you as the earliest s slot available
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
keelolo

Post by keelolo »

I just sold mine privately a few days ago for smidge under 52.5K - it was a Sep 16 car but only 16K miles, 1 year Porsche Warranty and nearly 20K in options. Brooklands begrudgingly offered 48 for it a few weeks back.

So, nearly £58K for a slightly younger (6 months or so) car plus Porsche warranty/dealer markup sounds about right in these strange times

Mine didn't have a pebble interior and would imagine that it's not a common colour on GTS. So, not being as popular you might be able to knock them down a bit or conversely they could play that 'it's one of only a few examples' and therefore uniquely expensive!

Personally, I would agree that if you could wait, then when spending £58K I'd wait for a gen 3 S.
2017MY GTS - Gone
Pwuk

Post by Pwuk »

Thanks for the responses. Maybe best to wait or order new then.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Well, yes and no, if that car "ticks all your boxes" and you buy it now, it may cost more than a new one BUT you are likely to have 12 months joy of driving it VS. the new buyer putting a deposit down at the same time has 12 months of the torment you can see set out in this forum, namely the Porsche water torture and they do it SO well!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
pmg

Post by pmg »

Pwuk wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:54 am Thanks for the responses. Maybe best to wait or order new then.
If you want to order now, there maybe some advantage in putting a refundable deposit down with an OPC so aren't at the back of a queue in 9 to 12 months time
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

That’s a huge specced car and you won’t get a new S for near that price if you want all those things. Grey exterior, Pebble and 14 way seats alone will come out around 58k OTR with the first year tax.

Performance wise the new S has a higher listed bhp but none of us know yet how they will compare.

For me the two questions are what spec do you actually want/need? And how long do you want to wait for a car? If you don’t need all this spec/can spend more money and are happy to wait until may next year then I’d personally go with a new S.
DLR

Post by DLR »

Hello Pwuk,
After a number of delays Porsche Chester has said that my new Gen2 GTS will finally be delivered in 2 to 3 weeks.

I have a cherished 2018 Macan GTS which was going to be my part ex for the new car. Being an elderly - ish GTS owner the car it has been well looked after (Long term Ceramic coating etc).
After seeing your post I thought that you might be interested in my car which is in Agate Grey with upgraded GTS interior, 24k, mine from new, high spec and Porsche warranty until 2022.
As I am a new member I am unable to send you a private message with full spec and pictures.
I'm not sure if you could send me a private message in return if you are interested.
Thanks

DLR