To sell or not (dilemma)

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Macan S; Volcano Grey, Pebble leather, May 2019 7,000 miles. (Build Code PKYA3PZ6)

I don’t do a lot of mileage, most of my miles were to my golf club and other golf clubs then in June I damaged the rotator cuff tendons in my shoulder. Since then I have been walking everywhere (to get some exercise) as I am not playing golf)). I had the (2 hour) operation last Monday to sew the torn tendons back together. It will take a full year to repair (if it repairs (I was told there is an 80% success rate)).

The car is sat on the driveway and the only place it has been since June is to the hospital and back. Whilst it looks lovely on the driveway I am worried that sitting there, going nowhere until next September, is not good for the car.

She has a car and the sensible thing would be to sell her car but I can hear the screams in my head now if I suggest that.

I am wondering . . . . if I sold the car now and was able to buy it back next September would I pay more or less for it?

andywebber

Post by andywebber »

It is obviously a personal thing but with the car market the way it is I guess selling would be the best idea - from what I read the used car market will be strong for most of next year too though!

Personally, if it were me and I really liked the car I would just keep it !!

Sorry if that does not help :D
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

If you would like a new Macan next year then sell now.

If you would like a new car (different model) next year then sell now.

If you would probably buy back a similar aged Macan then keep yours - at least you know the history.

Selling now would only make sense if you got a very good price.
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

ScotMac wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:26 pm only make sense if you got a very good price.
Indeed that is the question?
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Fairynuff wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:23 pm Macan S; Volcano Grey, Pebble leather, May 2019 7,000 miles. (Build Code PKYA3PZ6)

I don’t do a lot of mileage, most of my miles were to my golf club and other golf clubs then in June I damaged the rotator cuff tendons in my shoulder. Since then I have been walking everywhere (to get some exercise) as I am not playing golf)). I had the (2 hour) operation last Monday to sew the torn tendons back together. It will take a full year to repair (if it repairs (I was told there is an 80% success rate)).

The car is sat on the driveway and the only place it has been since June is to the hospital and back. Whilst it looks lovely on the driveway I am worried that sitting there, going nowhere until next September, is not good for the car.

She has a car and the sensible thing would be to sell her car but I can hear the screams in my head now if I suggest that.

I am wondering . . . . if I sold the car now and was able to buy it back next September would I pay more or less for it?
Try WBAC and then wait and see if their offers go 👆 or 👇 and use this as your market guide. You can obviously contact OPCs and see what they offer 👍
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Market for good used low mileage cars is very strong and prices are at a premium. If it’s laid up for a year and with the current Porsche full warranty by then expired. No brainer, I’m guessing your other car is more economical to own? Sell the Macan now and look around for something “New” that you fancy, in many cases the waiting will be a long one. Run your car through some of the trade sites to get estimate of value (Wizzle, Motorway WBAC). The OPC’s will take your hand off but rarely give the best price, do your research but definitely SELL👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

An OPC will probably offer the same as WBAC’s first offer.

They did just that for my Turbo that I listed for sale on Autotrader where a few dealers offered but did nit quite match WBAC’s highest offer

Motorway offered a price better than WBAC

Others were rubbish.

WBAC eventually in incremental steps upped their offer by £2.5k

After looking at what was available for what I wanted to spend I pulled the add
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:28 pm An OPC will probably offer the same as WBAC’s first offer.
WBAC is £53.5K . . . . . do WBAC know that the cars has £14k extras on it?
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Fairynuff wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:57 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:28 pm An OPC will probably offer the same as WBAC’s first offer.
WBAC is £53.5K . . . . . do WBAC know that the cars has £14k extras on it?
I don't think so they assume/factor in that cars like these always have a few goodies added.
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

Try Cazoo, they’re offering so much more than the sites you have mentioned. I’m selling my Lexus RX and I’m watching my valuation go up and up everyday! Their offer was higher than 8 Lexus dealers I asked :D