To sell or not (dilemma)

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

We're all different . . . I'm a wheel man, for me the right wheels make the car and I LOVE my 911 wheels . . . so disappointing that I can't spec them on a new order.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ Agreed! Wheels maketh the car!! ;)

972EE85B-DE1D-4997-8073-D3E308E6BD8F.jpeg

AD038BA1-FB7F-41B9-92F8-CE41A29EC20F.jpeg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ I know which I think looks better ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

It's gone. It was a sad parting, loved that car and whilst looking at it parked on the driveway made me smile that wasn't enough, the car needed driving and it was getting a trip to the hospital every 2 / 3 weeks.

The selling experience was a new experience. I put it on Autotrader and got daily calls from opc's, dealers and independent traders/buyers. Strange times, very odd. The price I sold for was more than I ever expected due to unusual world events. What / where next . . . onwards and upwards
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

So did you end up selling to a dealer or a private buyer? Any useful tips?
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Ian.g wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:16 pm So did you end up selling to a dealer or a private buyer? Any useful tips?
I suspect that the situation I encountered today may not be normal (covid / semiconductors / floods in Germany / Brexit). I started with a baseline price from WBAC which was £53,100 (same with Motorway). I put the car up on Autotrader for a plucked out of the air price of £56k. I got zero calls from private buyers. I got calls and offers from all over the country from OPC's, independent dealers and independent (one man) traders/byers I got quite a few ridiculous calls offering me less than WBAC (they can put my Reg in WBAC - why don't they do that and why would they think I would take less than WBAC) (I have a few arguments with them on that question). I told them all that I wanted £55 and I went through a painful process of it creeping up by increments of £100 until one jumped. Not pleasant or easy but DONE.
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Fairynuff wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:21 am
Ian.g wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:16 pm So did you end up selling to a dealer or a private buyer? Any useful tips?
I suspect that the situation I encountered today may not be normal (covid / semiconductors / floods in Germany / Brexit). I started with a baseline price from WBAC which was £53,100 (same with Motorway). I put the car up on Autotrader for a plucked out of the air price of £56k. I got zero calls from private buyers. I got calls and offers from all over the country from OPC's, independent dealers and independent (one man) traders/byers I got quite a few ridiculous calls offering me less than WBAC (they can put my Reg in WBAC - why don't they do that and why would they think I would take less than WBAC) (I have a few arguments with them on that question). I told them all that I wanted £55 and I went through a painful process of it creeping up by increments of £100 until one jumped. Not pleasant or easy but DONE.
Good effort and thanks for sharing.
I'm waiting until my Macan comes so will follow your lead. Hilarious that they would offer less that WBAC!!!)
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Used prices are so good at the moment but until I get my build slot confirmed can't sell mine. Anyone care to speculate when the prices will start to drop?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

I can't see used prices dropping for some time yet, not least until the winter is behind us. I would imagine 1-3 year old cars will remain reasonably high until new car lead times some back to some form of acceptance.

I would imagine there will be less and less buyers for 5+ year old cars willing to pay inflated prices in 6 months
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Thanks for the info. Interesting. Given the long wait for new cars, I suspect that good quality second hand cars will remain in demand for at least the next 6 months, possibly longer. When new cars become more readily available the second hand prices will start to fall. But who knows when that might be?