Macan S Diesel For Sale. 2017, Sapphire Blue

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

One owner, first registered March 2017 (car tax – currently £210/year)
37,200 miles
Full Porsche service history
Extended Porsche warranty with roadside assist to March 2022
Michelin tyres with 3mm tread all round

The time has come to move on and I am now selling my Macan SD that I have owned from new. It has been a fantastic car and I hope that someone else can enjoy it as much as I have done. It has no issues (in particular no DPF issues and no transfer box problems). Being a March 2017 car it pre-dates the luxury car tax so currently £210/year rather than £490. I live in Worcestershire about 5 minutes drive from M5 J6.

Pictures of the car that I posted when new are here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5557

It has about £9k extras including:
Sapphire Blue metallic
Xenon headlights with PDLS
Rear camera
Heat and noise insulating glass
PS plus
PASM
75 litre fuel tank
20 inch RS Spyder wheels
18 inch collapsible spare wheel
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors
Light comfort package
18 way sports seats with memory package
Seat heating (front and rear)
Heated steering wheel
Satnav

I am hoping that my new car will be coming at the beginning of December. Although I could probably drive my son’s car for a few days, I can’t let this one go until the new one is at least in the country.

Autotrader lists a few cars of similar age and mileage ranging from £38 - £45k and are variably specced, mostly from dealers. I am looking for £37,000. The 3 months of remaining Porsche warranty is transferrable to a new owner and can be extended via a Porsche dealer if you wish (£1440 for 2 years).

If anyone is interested then either message me or post here and I will message you. I can send you the full spec sheet and anything else that you want relating to the car. If no one is interested then I will probably try Motorway or Wizzle... and someone will eventually buy it from a dealer for a bit more than this!

Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Is no one interested? Have I over-priced it? Open to discussion if anyone is interested - it really is a great car.
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Whenever I sold a car on autotrader I priced it at 10% below the cheapest car with the same age and mileage. With a Porsche there is the problem of added spec options. I'm afraid you will have to discount them to probably 20% of the cost.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
bobajob

Post by bobajob »

Maybe not the best place to advertise - you could be preaching to the converted!
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

When I was looking a month ago there were two 2017 cars I was interested in , both from private sellers on auto trader with warranty. Based on those I don’t think your price is far off, albeit on this forum the lack of a pano roof seems to be a red flag when buying. It wouldn’t have bothered me personally.

Good luck with the sale, perhaps consider motorway website to see what offers you get there
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Got to be worth taking some current pictures and posting those as 4.5 year old pics aren’t too relevant.
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Have you tried Solihull or Tewkesbury OPC? Solihull keep chasing me for mine and going by the various adverts, allowing for the £7k usual mark-up, you may realise your asking price?
https://www.parkers.co.uk/porsche/macan ... AwMCcpKQ--
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Thanks all. Up to date pictures will mean I have to wash it - and they will look much the same! But point taken. I understand the pano roof issue - the trouble was that I needed the extra headroom in the back. I might try autotrader, but it is quite expensive and hassle. I will try Motorway but from what I have heard, that seems to sell very quickly and most posts I have read suggest that it is sold within a few days.

Does anyone have any experience of this? If I put it on now, I don't want it to be gone this week as I think it will be another month until I get the new car.
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

It takes half a day for you to take and upload photos and description to motorway . They contact you to validate the listing; it then goes into a daily ‘auction’ where their clients bid . You get notified of the final price which you can accept (your details are then passed to the buyer to arrange collection and payment direct with you.), or you can decline if you don’t like the price. No fees, no commitment to sell
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Percymon wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:52 pm It takes half a day for you to take and upload photos and description to motorway . They contact you to validate the listing; it then goes into a daily ‘auction’ where their clients bid . You get notified of the final price which you can accept (your details are then passed to the buyer to arrange collection and payment direct with you.), or you can decline if you don’t like the price. No fees, no commitment to sell
Agree with above, I sold my Fpace to a Jag dealer via motorway - really easy and when notified of price offered I spoke to the dealer who were happy to collect 10 days later as I was going away. It took me about 20 minutes to fill out the form and take a few pics on my phone BTW…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0