Cherished 2018 reg GTS for sale

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Kleynie, You can borrow my jigsaw 😁
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP

MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

Kleynie wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:32 pm Certainly a great price. If only it had a sunroof.
I've a sunroof on my current X6 and never ever use it. I don't even open the blind on it so having no sunroof aint an issue to me :) Just buy it Kleynie! You know you want too!!

Alternatively, you could take Neil911's advice and use a jigsaw? Probably won't leak as much as a factory one :shock:
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

MacanSman wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:26 pm
Kleynie wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:32 pm Certainly a great price. If only it had a sunroof.
I've a sunroof on my current X6 and never ever use it. I don't even open the blind on it so having no sunroof aint an issue to me :) Just buy it Kleynie! You know you want too!!

Alternatively, you could take Neil911's advice and use a jigsaw? Probably won't leak as much as a factory one :shock:
I use my sunroof as often as possible. If its not raining it tends to be open. The only time i ever pull the blind across is when the sun shines in my eyes. Personally I’d never buy a car without a sunroof ( if possible. Not an option on the Aston ). Funny how different we all are.

BTW only car I ever owned with a leaky sunroof was the Freelander, and even then I think the leak was actually through the perished rubber around the arial which was just in front of the sunroof, rather than the sunroof itself
DLR

Post by DLR »

OPC phoned today to say that my new GTS is in the country and should be ready for collection in just over a week.
They've also hinted that they will have another look at the price to change!
I'll try the car on Wizzle tomorrow as some members have suggested - nothing to lose and see what happens.
So if anyone is in the market for a genuine, well looked after, tastefully specced 2018 reg GTS, at a very fair price (sunroof or no sunroof!) don't hang around.
Thank you all for your help and positive feedback.
Dafydd
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Good news and good luck! :)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

I sold my Macan GTS earlier this year via Autotrader. Market was a bit different back then (ie lots of competition) but it was quite a painful process.

The first issue i found was that most private buyers appeared to want the protection of buying from a dealer at that price, whether a Porsche dealer or an upmarket car dealer. In order to attract a private buyer the price clearly needed to have been significantly below a dealer price or else I would have had to have been very lucky. So If you go down the Autotrader route you’ll have to be a fair bit cheaper than any dealer, even if your car is better in my experience .

The second issue I found was that there were lots of speculative derisory offers from people who did not give off the right type of vibe in terms of people who would be buying a £45k car.

Once it had been on the market a few weeks then I started getting calls from the same people (and some new ones) pointing out it had been on the market a while and so I needed to take a lower offer. And people were also observing the ongoing pride reduction so they sensed the possibility of a cut-price deal and assumed I was getting desperate to sell.

Eventually I got a reasonable deal with a nice guy selling cars through a small exclusive dealership in the midlands. He was great to deal with but the whole process from the day I put it on the market was quite stressful.

If I was doing this again, I’d probably look firstly at the other options mentioned on this thread before going down the Autotrader route.

My other conclusion from this experience was that the advantages of Porsches having low depreciation is also a burden. When you have a private sale but the price isn’t that far below list price of a new one, people are (reasonably enough) reluctant to buy a vehicle from a private individual when they can probably afford to pay a bit more for a new one.

Good luck with the sale though. It’s a beautiful vehicle and someone will be very happy with it.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
DLR

Post by DLR »

Thanks Paul1970 for sharing your experience with Autotrader - the less stress the better.
DLR

Post by DLR »

OPC has phoned to say that that my new GTS has arrived and should be available for collection by next Friday!!!

Therefore, I've reduced the asking price again for forum members, for my 2018 reg GTS to £53,250, before trying Wizzle ( Must be one of the nicest, well specced GTSs around for the price). Full spec on page 1 of post.
DLR

Post by DLR »

OPC have come up with an improved offer and ceramic coating. I will also get a refund on the remaining extended warranty, so it could be part ex after all!

Thanks for all of the advice - really helpful forum for an old guy!
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Good result, I'm glad it worked out.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.