Mercedes a35 amg (£35,000)

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:32 pm
Am89 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:41 pm Thanks for the input good and bad.
You’ll never get most of the forum memebrs to agree they want anything other than a Porsche; then it has to be a Macan; and then you have infighting between the 3 different badges on the back (despite the fact that like everything Porsche they all look identical)

A lot of members are also of the age that having a radio in the car is considered modern witchcraft. A fair few would probably be happier if the windows went up and down with the assistance of a manually activated crank of some kind.
( although I’ll admit I don’t know the letter of the law in regard to forum policy on such things).
Omni, the unwritten letter of this forum law is be polite, friendly and supportive, although the occasional mild rant is tolerated as it’s usually quite amusing to read. Virtually all of the long term members are either past or present Macan owners, (Am89 had a very nice black gen1Turbo some while back) Some have moved onto other models, some other makes. Lots have other cars, so indeed it’s welcome to also hear about them. As long as it’s not a Tesla 😖 ( put that in for Peteski as I’m not sure he ever had a Macan 🤔) Although I would point out on behalf of my fellow long term/older forum members, that non of us are of an age as you describe above. We are tuned in and switched on forward thinking individuals that were buying and selling Macan’s when some here were and still are wet dreaming about them 🤨 So there :lol: :lol: :lol:
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

MikeM wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:09 pm
You’ll never get most of the forum memebrs to agree they want anything other than a Porsche; then it has to be a Macan; and then you have infighting between the 3 different badges on the back (despite the fact that like everything Porsche they all look identical)

A lot of members are also of the age that having a radio in the car is considered modern witchcraft. A fair few would probably be happier if the windows went up and down with the assistance of a manually activated crank of some kind.
( although I’ll admit I don’t know the letter of the law in regard to forum policy on such things).
Omni, the unwritten letter of this forum law is be polite, friendly and supportive, although the occasional mild rant is tolerated as it’s usually quite amusing to read. Virtually all of the long term members are either past or present Macan owners, (Am89 had a very nice black gen1Turbo some while back) Some have moved onto other models, some other makes. Lots have other cars, so indeed it’s welcome to also hear about them. As long as it’s not a Tesla 😖 ( put that in for Peteski as I’m not sure he ever had a Macan 🤔) Although I would point out on behalf of my fellow long term/older forum members, that non of us are of an age as you describe above. We are tuned in and switched on forward thinking individuals that were buying and selling Macan’s when some here were and still are wet dreaming about them 🤨 So there :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not sure who’s point that last bit proves 😊. Presumably, however, the forum does occasionally want new blood rather than just become an old boys club, right?

My point was that the poor chap just put the details of his car here and got quite pilloried for what car it was, which doesn’t seem all that friendly.
Last edited by Deleted User 4436 on Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Am89

Post by Am89 »

I appreciate the cars not to everyone’s taste but honestly it’s a good all rounder. One of the best premium hatches imo.

Its a lovely Merc and I’m sure many people would be interested in it. I’ve just given Porsche loads of money to completely ignore me so sadly I don’t have the funds.

Many on this forum have more than one car, and they aren’t all Porsches so I personally think its fine to put it on here ( although I’ll admit I don’t know the letter of the law in regard to forum policy on such things).

Good luck selling it. I’m sure in the current climate you wont find it too difficult.
Haha, this does sum up some of the the members it seems. However I don’t take it to heart. We all have our own preferences. Cheers
Deleted User 4436

Am89 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:34 pm

I appreciate the cars not to everyone’s taste but honestly it’s a good all rounder. One of the best premium hatches imo.

Its a lovely Merc and I’m sure many people would be interested in it. I’ve just given Porsche loads of money to completely ignore me so sadly I don’t have the funds.

Many on this forum have more than one car, and they aren’t all Porsches so I personally think its fine to put it on here ( although I’ll admit I don’t know the letter of the law in regard to forum policy on such things).

Good luck selling it. I’m sure in the current climate you wont find it too difficult.
Haha, this does sum up some of the the members it seems. However I don’t take it to heart. We all have our own preferences. Cheers
👍
Am89

Post by Am89 »

Also seems like there’s quite a lot of badge snobbery in this thread. I agree a Porsche is generally better in most ways however i judge every car based on its own merit.

I’ve never been one to get caught up with one brand in particular. I’d like to experience as many nice cars as I can, before I’m 6ft under 😃
Am89

Post by Am89 »

MikeM wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:09 pm

I quite enjoy some debating tbh, I find it quite funny. The Macan turbo was my realistic dream car for some time, once i scratched that itch - I felt time to move on. However the latest gen GTS ( turbo replacement ) has me tempted
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Am89 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:03 pm Also seems like there’s quite a lot of badge snobbery in this thread. I agree a Porsche is generally better in most ways however i judge every car based on its own merit.

I’ve never been one to get caught up with one brand in particular. I’d like to experience as many nice cars as I can, before I’m 6ft under 😃
Agreed on all counts.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Hitman999

Post by Hitman999 »

Good luck with the sale. Car looks good 👍.Give Motorway and Wizzle a try.
Current: 991.2 Carrera S
Sold: BMW G20 320d Xdrive M Sport
Sold: Porsche Macan GTS Night Blue / Full GTS Interior
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

Have to disagree with some of the post above , the web site is call Porsche Macan Forum, if care is not taken it will tern into E-Bay.
Deleted User 4436

gasgas1 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:40 am Have to disagree with some of the post above , the web site is call Porsche Macan Forum, if care is not taken it will tern into E-Bay.
Will you also be arguing the same for those posting pictures of their boxters and 911’s on the “Macan” forum? Always tricky to know where to draw the line I guess