Macan S for sale

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

crockers wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:35 pm Stick you reg into WBAC - sit back and either laugh or cry. Certainly not a nice figure.

Oh and Porsches devalue less than most cars 🤣
Ive done this on all car purchases. Before buying current Macan I was considering a 911S on 2015 plate, reg no wasn’t blocked out so did the WBAC test. My curiosity is if I buy today and forced to sell tomorrow what is the loss, on the 911 diff was £5k.
Carried out the same test on the Macan S before purchasing and the diff was £17k! I still bought it! The loss was purely the value of the options.

WBAC doesn’t take into account a high spec car only value on a bog standard car.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

2japs wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:31 pm
crockers wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:35 pm Stick you reg into WBAC - sit back and either laugh or cry. Certainly not a nice figure.

Ive done this on all car purchases. Before buying current Macan I was considering a 911S on 2015 plate, reg no wasn’t blocked out so did the WBAC test. My curiosity is if I buy today and forced to sell tomorrow what is the loss, on the 911 diff was £5k.
Carried out the same test on the Macan S before purchasing and the diff was £17k! I still bought it! The loss was purely the value of the options.

WBAC doesn’t take into account a high spec car only value on a bog standard car.
My car had £17k of options and I lost £6.5k after 18 months by selling back to the OPC. It was however, part of a part exchange deal for a 911 so it may have been a slightly inflated trade in price.
WBAC is not a reliable guide for optioned cars - probably best to look at OPC prices and subtract around £8k 🤷‍♂️
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Jon A wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:43 pm
2japs wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:31 pm

My car had £17k of options and I lost £6.5k after 18 months by selling back to the OPC. It was however, part of a part exchange deal for a 911 so it may have been a slightly inflated trade in price.
WBAC is not a reliable guide for optioned cars - probably best to look at OPC prices and subtract around £8k 🤷‍♂️
👍
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
MacMark

Post by MacMark »

Wowser, this spiralled a bit since i posted it!! I'll try and cover most of it off...

Got an option on something else that has taken my interest hence looking to move it on. Absolutely less than ideal from a loss of ££ perspective but c'est la vie.

In terms of getting on with it there are a few things that drive me nuts day to day, mostly the centre console and gear lever setup. It's archaic and horrible to use in my opinion. Love how it drives and sounds with the PSE and not that horrified by the MPG. I find the infotainment system awful as well coming from iDrive.

Definitely not Benwell, more North and East and also on the 'right' side of the river!

JCT600 called me within minutes of the ad being on line and have indeed offered £60k, they were upfront that they would offer it at the £68k i have it up for so i need to look at that. Also commented on lack of pano roof but our 'sales person' didn't do any sales work when we bought, he processed our order and that was it. No dicsussion about what we had spec'd or comments either way.

WBAC having a right giggle aren't they!!
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

MacMark wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:50 pm Wowser, this spiralled a bit since i posted it!! I'll try and cover most of it off...

Got an option on something else that has taken my interest hence looking to move it on. Absolutely less than ideal from a loss of ££ perspective but c'est la vie.

In terms of getting on with it there are a few things that drive me nuts day to day, mostly the centre console and gear lever setup. It's archaic and horrible to use in my opinion. Love how it drives and sounds with the PSE and not that horrified by the MPG. I find the infotainment system awful as well coming from iDrive.

Definitely not Benwell, more North and East and also on the 'right' side of the river!

JCT600 called me within minutes of the ad being on line and have indeed offered £60k, they were upfront that they would offer it at the £68k i have it up for so i need to look at that. Also commented on lack of pano roof but our 'sales person' didn't do any sales work when we bought, he processed our order and that was it. No dicsussion about what we had spec'd or comments either way.

Did you ask your OPC for a price? If so, did they mention no pano?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
2japs

Post by 2japs »

MacMark wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:50 pm Wowser, this spiralled a bit since i posted it!! I'll try and cover most of it off...

I gather it’s JCT600 Newcastle that’s offers the £60k, yeah deffo not Benwell, going with Ashington or Bedlington 🤔
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

MacMark wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:50 pm I find the infotainment system awful as well coming from iDrive.
I think all infotainment system feel pants after having IDrive. Certainly the best around. Or they were before they got rid of the rotary dial.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

wab172uk wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:39 pm
MacMark wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:50 pm I find the infotainment system awful as well coming from iDrive.
I think all infotainment system feel pants after having IDrive. Certainly the best around. Or they were before they got rid of the rotary dial.
Do BM’s not have the rotary wheel anymore?? I’m shocked, was easily best infotainment I’ve had on any car and by miles!
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
pmg

Post by pmg »

Jon A wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:52 pm
Do BM’s not have the rotary wheel anymore?? I’m shocked, was easily best infotainment I’ve had on any car and by miles!
BMW come to the conclusion voice control is the future
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Well my Merc doesn’t have a touch screen, just prior to that becoming the norm, so I love the Porsche PCM because of that. I use CarPlay for 90% of the time so every car I drive is the same 😉

What makes iDrive so good. Doesn’t seem anything special in my son in laws 3 series
Macan S MY 2023