MY23 GTS For Sale

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Jon A wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:51 am
PorscheMack wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:42 am
Jon A wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:53 pm
That’s interesting as things are changing quite quickly it seems. I had mine for 62 weeks and lost exactly £8k on my S when part chopped end of July.
That’s £129 per week depreciation. 🤷‍♂️
Perhaps, but your deal was a P/X price against a much more expensive car so maybe they gave you a bit more; did you include VED+RFL in your calculation? Mine was a one way sale to my OPC. Coincidentally, had a call from a Mercedes dealer who I bought from previously, no doubt touting for business and told him that I was planning on selling my car and had been offered £65k. He said take it, as the used market is struggling. To reinforce my decision I offered my car to a OPC further north who offered £59-60k.
Yes that was my point really, the fact that in just a few short months prices have come down to the point where a GTS is now fetching broadly what a well specced S did just three months ago.
It’s partly why I won’t buy new now until the market changes, as the new versions are now sadly so much more expensive but susceptible to pretty savage depreciation at the same time 😳
Personally, don't think £137 a week is "savage depreciation". Where it matters is that the car I've ordered, which is roughly the same spec is £7k more!! But it is what it is. No doubt my OPC will market my car for roughly what it cost me in March 2022.
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

PorscheMack wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:56 am
Perhaps, but your deal was a P/X price against a much more expensive car so maybe they gave you a bit more; did you include VED+RFL in your calculation? Mine was a one way sale to my OPC. Coincidentally, had a call from a Mercedes dealer who I bought from previously, no doubt touting for business and told him that I was planning on selling my car and had been offered £65k. He said take it, as the used market is struggling. To reinforce my decision I offered my car to a OPC further north who offered £59-60k.
Yes that was my point really, the fact that in just a few short months prices have come down to the point where a GTS is now fetching broadly what a well specced S did just three months ago.
It’s partly why I won’t buy new now until the market changes, as the new versions are now sadly so much more expensive but susceptible to pretty savage depreciation at the same time 😳
Personally, don't think £137 a week is "savage depreciation". Where it matters is that the car I've ordered, which is roughly the same spec is £7k more!! But it is what it is. No doubt my OPC will market my car for roughly what it cost me in March 2022.
And they'll probably get it. My local OPC has only 5 used Macans available and the cheapest is a 6.5 year old Turbo at £46K. Apart from 1 car they have nothing newer than 2020 either. I suspect alot of recent buyers intend for them to be keepers ;)
Macan S MY 2023
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Skyway wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:30 am

And they'll probably get it. My local OPC has only 5 used Macans available and the cheapest is a 6.5 year old Turbo at £46K. Apart from 1 car they have nothing newer than 2020 either. I suspect alot of recent buyers intend for them to be keepers ;)
Yep. I'm hoping my new one due next March will hold it's value a little better, as by then we could be approaching the end of the ICE age Macan!!
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

I’m only pointing out the obvious Mack, and that is that the trend on used prices is heading south. I don’t think what you have lost is particularly savage, but it is unquestionably more than would have been just three months ago (mileage adjusted).
If that trend continues, and these are only cars after all, it will definitely be characterised as “savage” even for Porsche.
As you say it is what it is, but things may change with better interest rates, or the launch of new Macan - who knows??
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
crockers

Post by crockers »

Prices reflect - supply & demand, economic situation, interest rates etc Looking at the “glut” at Hatfield is reflected in the prices. This will either get worse or after new cars aren’t available and still desirable they will improve.

Oh for a crystal ball.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

I've no doubt that I would have gotten more if I'd sold on Autotrader but I didn’t want to risk still being the owner come the festive season. So now job done roll on March!!
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

For me, ice macan will come down to supply/demand

So, zero supply from around Q2, will demand persist though? Yes imo.

more ICE buyers than available cars = higher prices

With the economy looking bleak, we might have less buyers but with zero supply due to discontinuation, plus a lack of appetite for the EV (which will also be super expensive) = higher prices again
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Jon A wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:53 pm
That’s interesting as things are changing quite quickly it seems. I had mine for 62 weeks and lost exactly £8k on my S when part chopped end of July.
That’s £129 per week depreciation. 🤷‍♂️
You boys got me thinking.... fag packet out... had my Gen2 181 weeks @ £89.50 pw. No complaints here.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Neil1911 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:56 pm
You boys got me thinking.... fag packet out... had my Gen2 181 weeks @ £89.50 pw. No complaints here.
That's about 2 packs of Kingsize nowadays :lol:
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

PorscheMack wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:42 pm
Neil1911 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:56 pm
That's about 2 packs of Kingsize nowadays :lol:
Having been a smoker I was flabbergasted to be told last week that the average pack of 20 is now £14 so a 20 a day "person" spends £98 a week on cigs.