Gen 3 Macan bits no longer required

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Deleted User 4788

Post by Deleted User 4788 »

Decided to sell my 22 plate Gen 3 S but removed Porsche Boot Tray and 4 piece rubber mat set first.
Want £30 for boot tray in great condition and £30 for mats, all only 18 months old. Not interested in posting so buyer collects.
I live near the new Saints RLFC Ground in St Helens. Message for details..

Phoned all the Porsche OPC centres nearest to me to see if they wanted my car. Motorway opening bid was £47300
Bought car from South Lakes who made a derisory offer of £49K, car was £68K 18 months ago!
Wilmslow offered £51K but sold to Preston for £52K.
The Preston guy came this morning at 11am, definitely wanted it and returned with colleague at 2.30pm, instant bank transfer and car was gone by 2.50pm, great guys to deal with.
I know they will sell my car for £62K but that is the way of the work I guess. Needed new tyres and 1st service due soon.
Enjoyed the car immensely but couldn't justify the running costs and depreciation.
Issues with the car over 18 months, were collapsed near side cv joint (fixed under warranty) and constant seat belt warning in rear 15 mins after grandkids had disembarked, bloody annoying for a £70K car!

Would I buy another Porsche, probably but not new.
Will hang around on here for a while and thanks for a great Forum.

wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Depreciation is always at its worst in the first 12-18 months. Seams strange to sell it for that reason. Unless you needed to get out for financial reasons.

The longer you hold on to a car the less you lose in depreciation over your ownership. Plus, the market is doing funny things recently. The good times of virtual no depreciation (over the last couple years) was never going to last.

I wouldn’t consider the running costs any different to any of its rivals, unless you then started comparing to a diesel or EV.

But, if selling was right for you, then it was a good decision. What are you replacing it with? New or used?
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

petew0557 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:27 pm Decided to sell my 22 plate Gen 3 S but removed Porsche Boot Tray and 4 piece rubber mat set first.
Want £30 for boot tray in great condition and £30 for mats, all only 18 months old. Not interested in posting so buyer collects.

Phoned all the Porsche OPC centres nearest to me to see if they wanted my car. Motorway opening bid was £47300
Bought car from South Lakes who made a derisory offer of £49K, car was £68K 18 months ago!
The Preston guy came this morning at 11am, definitely wanted it and returned with colleague at 2.30pm, instant bank transfer and car was gone by 2.50pm, great guys to deal with.
I know they will sell my car for £62K but that is the way of the work I guess. Needed new tyres and 1st service due soon.
Enjoyed the car immensely but couldn't justify the running costs and depreciation.
Issues with the car over 18 months, were collapsed near side cv joint (fixed under warranty) and constant seat belt warning in rear 15 mins after grandkids had disembarked, bloody annoying for a £70K car!

So the $64m question.....what will replace your now departed Macan.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

petew0557 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:27 pm Decided to sell my 22 plate Gen 3 S but removed Porsche Boot Tray and 4 piece rubber mat set first.

Actually looking at your signature config you paid over £72k + OTR cost. A GTS would have been a better purchase, I think 🤔
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Deleted User 4788

Didn't want a GTS though
Deleted User 4788

Not sure yet what i will replace the Macan with. No rush as we have JCW new Mini
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

PorscheMack wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:00 am

Actually looking at your signature config you paid over £72k + OTR cost. A GTS would have been a better purchase, I think 🤔
It wasn’t £72k when he bought 18 months ago
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Jon A wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:26 am

Must have missed something from before on this as assumed his sig car details were based on what he paid. Probably sig price is current and not what Op paid 18 months ago..
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

PorscheMack wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:35 am
Must have missed something from before on this as assumed his sig car details were based on what he paid. Probably sig price is current and not what Op paid 18 months ago..
You did…
“Bought car from South Lakes, car was £68K 18 months ago!”
what is that comment oft used 🤔 “RTFM” also think it should also apply to forum speak as “RTFT” 😉
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

MikeM wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:16 am
PorscheMack wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:35 am
You did…
“Bought car from South Lakes, car was £68K 18 months ago!”
what is that comment oft used 🤔 “RTFM” also think it should also apply to forum speak as “RTFT” 😉
If you read exactly what I said it was referring to the current price of his car, eg £72k. This price included a price hike which the Op avoided 18 months ago. This was an oversight on my part as I can't be right all the time. I'll l give the rest to my 4 year old to respond to... :lol: