Winter wheels wanted!

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
RankBajin

Post by RankBajin »

Hi all,

I'm just about to get my new to me Macan Turbo and need some winter wheels & tyres. Ideally I'd like 20 inch but will also consider 19 inch wheels, winter or all season tyres would be an added bonus.

If anyone has anything they're thinking of selling please let me know!

Many thanks,

Rank

Guy

Post by Guy »

Hi and a warm welcome to the forum!

Did you see this thread? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6647
RankBajin

Post by RankBajin »

Hi Guy!

Thanks for the welcome, I do like a friendly community! :D

I did, yes. I'm hoping for some OEM wheels but those certainly look a, very reasonably priced, option. I suppose I'm a bit wary of poor quality aftermarket wheels, especially on something as heavy as a Macan and the terrible roads we have in the UK.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome, Rank! :)

Do tell us all about your Turbo!

And don't forget the photos when you get it! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Guy

Post by Guy »

Most on here have gone for OEM options, but those do look very good as a low cost alternative. If back in UK I would certainly consider them.

Occasionally forum members do have winter wheel/tyre combinations for sale, but it's the wrong time of year for a bargain!
martin5789

Post by martin5789 »

I've had winter wheel and tyre sets for my last two BMWs doing a total of six winters. I can count on one hand the number of times they've been really necessary here in Northampton (i.e my BMW was mobile and others weren't). Total cost in depreciation about £2k. I'm not getting them for the Macan. Which probably means we'll have the hardest winter in years.

One change is that our village is now on a school bus route which means the road in and out is now gritted which it never used to be.
Sapphire Blue Turbo collected 30th June 2017
Spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PJBJQLD0 Photos: https://adobe.ly/2txMYjS
Others: BMW R1200GS | BMW E46 M3 | 987 Boxster S
RankBajin

Post by RankBajin »

I know what you mean as the last few years have been fairly mild, even here in Scotland, but my wife's folks are in the Highlands so there's more chance of them being necessary!
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

RankBajin wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:25 pm Hi all,
I'm just about to get my new to me Macan Turbo and need some winter wheels & tyres. Ideally I'd like 20 inch but will also consider 19 inch wheels, winter or all season tyres would be an added bonus.
If anyone has anything they're thinking of selling please let me know!
Many thanks,
Rank
I've just decided against after market wheels (Mak Rennen) and ordered a set of 19" Classics without tyres (I already have those). They're £345 ea +VAT and I will get at least 10% off hopefully more. I'll need to either swap the tpms senders (easy job) or buy a new set. You could get a full set of 19 or 20" wheels & winter tyres from Tequipment, ready to fit, from about £2600. This new set of 19's means that I have the original 18" Macan wheels surplus with AS tyres, apparently, 18's will fit a Turbo, as confirmed on another thread, but not your preference, I'll be listing them next week on Classifieds, with photos.
Since you have just bought a car, surely your OPC will give you a decent discount on a full set of wheels & tyres.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
RankBajin

Post by RankBajin »

Thanks to everybody who replied. I've managed to source a used set of OEM spyder wheels. :D