Recommended selling price for my 2017 Macan S Diesel?

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

So the Turbo PP is no longer your "current" car?

What's next? Another Porsche...?
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

George T5

Post by George T5 »

I could be interested, please post the full specification.

Regards
George
Retired

Post by Retired »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:57 pm So the Turbo PP is no longer your "current" car?

That's correct.

I've driven a 718 S at the PEC and on the road several times. Each time I think it's a brilliant drive (Macan is good in absolute terms and excellent for a suv but no sports car). Each time I think I really want one of these and each time I think about (a) the practicality issues of a two seater and (b) the engine. The sound isn't great but all other characteristics ( torque profile , response) are fine. Esp the low rev torque which makes the car very responsive in real life road situations.

Wrt to seats things have changed and the the two seats are longer a problem.

The engine noise. I realised that all the cars I'd driven had PSE fitted, so I thought I'd try one without PSE. It's still not great but it is acceptable.

718 S arrive late November / early December.

I'll certainly enjoy driving it. Hope the engine noise doesn't
Retired

Post by Retired »

Retired wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:58 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:57 pm So the Turbo PP is no longer your "current" car?

That's correct.

I've driven a 718 S at the PEC and on the road several times. Each time I think it's a brilliant drive (Macan is good in absolute terms and excellent for a suv but no sports car). Each time I think I really want one of these and each time I think about (a) the practicality issues of a two seater and (b) the engine. The sound isn't great but all other characteristics ( torque profile , response) are fine. Esp the low rev torque which makes the car very responsive in real life road situations.

The engine noise. I realised that all the cars I'd driven had PSE fitted, so I thought I'd try one without PSE. It's still not great but it is acceptable.

I'll certainly enjoy driving it.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Retired wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:58 pm I've driven a 718 S at the PEC and on the road several times. Each time I think it's a brilliant drive (Macan is good in absolute terms and excellent for a suv but no sports car). Each time I think I really want one of these and each time I think about (a) the practicality issues of a two seater and (b) the engine. The sound isn't great but all other characteristics ( torque profile , response) are fine. Esp the low rev torque which makes the car very responsive in real life road situations.

Good for you! Cayman or Boxster? Care to share the spec you've ordered? :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Braveheart

Post by Braveheart »

Thanks everyone for the replies/advice/opinions. This is a great forum to get so much response to my question so quickly!

I'll hopefully get some photos taken this weekend and post a proper for sale advert with full spec.

Thanks,
Kevin
happy days

Post by happy days »

Retired wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:58 pm

That's correct.

The 718S is indeed a fine car (but I would say that!). The noise is always going to get the purists going, but believe me, it ain't as bad as everyone claims. In fact, if you hadn't drive a 6er before, you'd be perfectly happy with the F4 sound. And the handling is truly, truly sublime. The balance is unbelievable and the grip is endless. Enjoy!
Macan S D
718 S
Retired

Post by Retired »

It's a Cayman S with code PJ4ETXC9.