Diesel S Wanted BUT not till at least February

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Scout

Post by Scout »

I have an October 2016 Macan SD in Volcano Grey with just over 8,000 miles.
It has 19" Turbo alloys with M&S tyres; you could use these as winter wheels and buy a set of 20/21" as summer wheels ;-)
Good spec incl sun roof, 14 way leather heated seats, park assist, Nav, Sport + etc.
I can keep it until Feb no problem although am open to offers for an earlier transfer.
Considering a sale due to a change in circumstances only; it's a superb long distance touring car.

oilman4345

Post by oilman4345 »

Hi.

Will keep this in mind, but ideally want 20" or 21" on the car and they are expensive to source aftermarket.
TD444

Post by TD444 »

oilman4345 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:04 pm Hi;
At present I live abroad but will return to UK in 1st quarter 2018. I have been heavily involved in debating whether I should buy (1) a brand new Diesel S or (2) a previously owned low mileage example (still under warranty).
With all the current issues circulating about owning a diesel car in the future, I am almost certainly going to take the second route (to limit depreciation)
There are several vehicles that fit my requirements on the market right now, but it is just too early to buy one of these and have to insure, store etc for a few months.

So, this "Wanted" note, is only an advance notification to anyone considering selling their vehicle (which must have certain options as follows) in February or March 2018.

My requirements are as follow: NECESSITIES: 21" Wheels, Panoramic Sunroof, Heated front Seats, Park Assist (surround or camera), Sat Nav module.
OTHER PREFERRED OPTIONS (in order) Electric Tow Bar, Collapsible Spare Wheel, Powerfold Mirrors, Bi Xenon Lights.

COLOUR: HUGE preference for Sapphire Blue Metallic but if all the other boxes were ticked , could also be persuaded to go for Grey or Black.
Hi Oilman,

Just reading your post - not sure if your status is still the same wanting a Diesel Macan...... If an offer I could not refuse was made I may consider selling - the spec of my Macan looks to meet a lot of your criteria....

I do have 21" Wheels, Pan roof, heated front seats, Park camera & Nav - I also have many other options such as Electric Tow Bar, Collapsible Spare wheel, Power mirrors but have the better LED headlights as an option.
There are further options again with Apple Car Play, illuminated door sills and many others - would be better to check my spec on my signature if it still works or PM me for a full spec list.

Car is metallic black - it has PPF applied to the lower part of each door and a few other parts as Macan's are known for road rashing down each side, so mine is fully protected. It also has mud flaps fitted to help reduce stone markings also. These can be removed easily as they are fixed to mounting points already there.

Car has also been ceramic coated (Gtechniq) by an accredited detailer which helps with maintenance washes to keep the car clean easily.

It has ~13.5k miles from new which was End April 2016 - so roughly 18 months - I never had any issues with it and my mileage although low, any drives I did were long runs which ensures no DPF issues as all has been burned off.

Car is in immaculate condition - no dents no wheel kerbing etc....interior mainly only myself....

Thanks
Terry
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHN2UAS9
Order Date 16 Nov - Expected delivery ~April / May 2016
Collected Tue 3rd May
oilman4345

Post by oilman4345 »

Hi.
Could be interested in your car. Am on holiday just now, so will write you later this week.
oilman4345

Post by oilman4345 »

Terry,
I have sent you a PM re your car.
Frenchy

Post by Frenchy »

I would add the Power steering Plus,
Satnav is as standard now.
and I would spend a lot of time to chose the right seats for you (standard , 14 or 18 ways)
also with 21" Wheels, most of people recommend to tick the PASM box too.
Macan GTS - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHWGUL86
oilman4345

Post by oilman4345 »

Hi folks:
Just a heads up on my original post:
Yesterday, I formally ordered my new car : and it is NOT a Macan after all.
After some serious discounting from my local dealer, I have ordered a very well specced up Mercedes AMG GLC43 for delivery April 1st.
I had driven their demonstrator about 2 months ago and really liked it- just not quite as much as the Macan.
However, comparing apples with apples, there was a considerable difference in price on a similarly specced up Macan S , and so I bit the bullet
Possibly Macan next time.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Good luck with your new car.

It would be interesting to know in the future what the residual value is when you come to move on as the high resdual value of Porsches give the impression somewhat that they are better value over the period of ownership.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Someone on here had a GLC, before returning to a Macan.

May have been Spud...? 🤔

Update:

Just checked. It was Spud. Had a GLC before coming back into the Macan fold :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Yes it was Spud but he had a GLC 220d/250d - so not the same as the GLC 43 AMG.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S