Diesel S Wanted BUT not till at least February

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
oilman4345

Post by oilman4345 »

Hi;
At present I live abroad but will return to UK in 1st quarter 2018. I have been heavily involved in debating whether I should buy (1) a brand new Diesel S or (2) a previously owned low mileage example (still under warranty).
With all the current issues circulating about owning a diesel car in the future, I am almost certainly going to take the second route (to limit depreciation)
There are several vehicles that fit my requirements on the market right now, but it is just too early to buy one of these and have to insure, store etc for a few months.

So, this "Wanted" note, is only an advance notification to anyone considering selling their vehicle (which must have certain options as follows) in February or March 2018.

My requirements are as follow: NECESSITIES: 21" Wheels, Panoramic Sunroof, Heated front Seats, Park Assist (surround or camera), Sat Nav module.
OTHER PREFERRED OPTIONS (in order) Electric Tow Bar, Collapsible Spare Wheel, Powerfold Mirrors, Bi Xenon Lights.

COLOUR: HUGE preference for Sapphire Blue Metallic but if all the other boxes were ticked , could also be persuaded to go for Grey or Black.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Your idea makes sense.

Can I suggest you change a couple of things

Move Xenons and spare wheel into necessities, standard halogen are very poor and to get a spare aftermarket is £500+.

I certainly would not dismiss a Macan on wheel size, 20" is probably a better choice for any non GTS Macan as it gives a better ride and slightly less road noise whilst retaining the look.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
oilman4345

Post by oilman4345 »

Thanks for your excellent suggestions which I WILL keep in mind (although not to the extent at this stage of changing my post).
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

You might want to add a guide as to what you would consider to be 'low mileage'. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
spook

Post by spook »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:58 pm
I certainly would not dismiss a Macan on wheel size, 20" is probably a better choice for any non GTS Macan as it gives a better ride and slightly less road noise whilst retaining the look.
The 20" can also be fitted with all season tyres whereas 21"s are summer only (Porsche N rated).
911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(
oilman4345

Post by oilman4345 »

Even more excellent points.
Thanks gents; they are noted.
I suppose the one that does need earlier clarification would be mileage.
Probably circa 8000 PER Year would be my asssessment of low miles.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

At 8000 miles per year personally the SD is not the variant I would choose.

Any 3.0 or 3.6 litre petrol model is by far a better bet.

At least the petrol engines are Porsche and not a rebadged, detuned Audi as the SD is.

At your mileage you run the risk of DPF issues or worst still buying a second owner SD which has already suffered DPF faults.

If you are not aware of the DPF faults with a Macan there are plenty of posts here on the very subject.

Many SD owners have no problems but then a significant number do, and some have even had their SDs bought back by their OPC/Porsche.

Hence an SD would always give doubt.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Sidscott

Post by Sidscott »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:02 am At 8000 miles per year personally the SD is not the variant I would choose.

Any 3.0 or 3.6 litre petrol model is by far a better bet.

At least the petrol engines are Porsche and not a rebadged, detuned Audi as the SD is.

At your mileage you run the risk of DPF issues or worst still buying a second owner SD which has already suffered DPF faults.

If you are not aware of the DPF faults with a Macan there are plenty of posts here on the very subject.

Many SD owners have no problems but then a significant number do, and some have even had their SDs bought back by their OPC/Porsche.

Hence an SD would always give doubt.
I think he means this is the sort of mileage he would like on the vehicle at the point of purchase,he didn't say it was the mileage he would be doing
oilman4345

Post by oilman4345 »

Hi again guys.
Was not aware of the mentioned DPF issues, but would rely on factory warranty to resolve.
Yes, the 8000 miles per year I refer to is what I would assess as low miles for my purchasing criteria. But not too concerned if serviced and still under warranty.
I am likely to do some 12000 miles per year and hence my preference for the diesel. Speed is no great interest to me any more. Have had most extremely fast cars over the years including 8 x 911’s of which 3 were turbos.
Now retired and happy with 250/260bhp and lots of torque.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

oilman4345 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:08 pm Hi again guys.
Was not aware of the mentioned DPF issues, but would rely on factory warranty to resolve.
Yes, the 8000 miles per year I refer to is what I would assess as low miles for my purchasing criteria. But not too concerned if serviced and still under warranty.
I am likely to do some 12000 miles per year and hence my preference for the diesel. Speed is no great interest to me any more. Have had most extremely fast cars over the years including 8 x 911’s of which 3 were turbos.
Now retired and happy with 250/260bhp and lots of torque.
It is the car going into limp home mode and then having to be transported by to the dealer for rectification that is the issue.

There is simply no reason why one SD is fine yet another has the DPFfault on regular occasions.

Do read up on prior posts.

I would try to get a loaner for a weekend off an OPC, the torque of the SD is great and it is efgortless to drive in Sport mode, in Comfort mode it is sluggish to change gear and for the initial acceleration to occur. It certainly is a mile muncher but whilst others have achieved better mpg, mine was only 33mpg actual (the MFD display in my SD was 10% higher than actual).
Col
Macan Turbo