Macan SD for Sale

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

ALEX wrote:Congratulations Hawkeye what a beautiful car. I'v had three Alfa's two were brilliant one not so good. I still go on the website for a look and wonder
"should I "
Wishing you many miles of happy motoring and looking forward to your reports.
Thanks Alex. Good to hear from an Alfista who has had a mostly positive experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.

happy days

Post by happy days »

About 20 years ago I had a 156. Fantastic car to drive, comfortable, fast good looking, but it broke my heart. It chewed up front tyres, (3,000 miles limit was not uncommon) and I put 7, yes 7! sumps in it as it kept bottoming out and grinding away the bottom of the sump. I spent more time in a Fiat Punto than in the Alfa (or so it felt) as the Alfa was recovered on a trailer. But, I was truly sad to see it go.
Macan S D
718 S
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

happy days wrote:About 20 years ago I had a 156. Fantastic car to drive, comfortable, fast good looking, but it broke my heart. It chewed up front tyres, (3,000 miles limit was not uncommon) and I put 7, yes 7! sumps in it as it kept bottoming out and grinding away the bottom of the sump. I spent more time in a Fiat Punto than in the Alfa (or so it felt) as the Alfa was recovered on a trailer. But, I was truly sad to see it go.
Let’s hope that’s not an omen Happy Days! Good to know you missed it though.

Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
happy days

Post by happy days »

Hawkeye wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:15 am
happy days wrote:About 20 years ago I had a 156. Fantastic car to drive, comfortable, fast good looking, but it broke my heart. It chewed up front tyres, (3,000 miles limit was not uncommon) and I put 7, yes 7! sumps in it as it kept bottoming out and grinding away the bottom of the sump. I spent more time in a Fiat Punto than in the Alfa (or so it felt) as the Alfa was recovered on a trailer. But, I was truly sad to see it go.
Let’s hope that’s not an omen Happy Days! Good to know you missed it though.

Yep, when I see one now I still have a tinge of regret. It had the best seats of any car I have ever owned - I was doing around 50k miles a year at the time (don't ask!) and you could sit in it for 8 hours at a time and still get out fresh as a daisy at the end. But financially it almost ruined me. And don't ask about depreciation...
Macan S D
718 S
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Fantastic looking car... I too was so tempted by the Alfa too. I cannot see how you will be disappointed.
Congrats .
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Looks like you've gone about it the right way with a PCP and warranty. That'll be great fun unleashing that power through the back end. And those in the know will know there's a lot of Ferrari in there. A future classic car.

I had an Alfa 147 GTA back in the day, I had a real fear of the Christmas Tree of warnings lights that popped up, with great regularity. Great car though, I still miss it, and every keen driver needs to be part of the Alfa club at some point.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Mike and his Macan wrote:Fantastic looking car... I too was so tempted by the Alfa too. I cannot see how you will be disappointed.
Congrats .
I hope you’re right. Sure you’ll love your GTS when it arrives. If I had bought a GTS from the outset, I probably wouldn’t be swapping mine yet. I think I would still have made the change in the end, but probably more in line with my normal change cycle.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

BigPhil wrote:Looks like you've gone about it the right way with a PCP and warranty. That'll be great fun unleashing that power through the back end. And those in the know will know there's a lot of Ferrari in there. A future classic car.

I had an Alfa 147 GTA back in the day, I had a real fear of the Christmas Tree of warnings lights that popped up, with great regularity. Great car though, I still miss it, and every keen driver needs to be part of the Alfa club at some point.
Thanks BigPhil. Interesting your point about a future classic. Of the interaction I’ve had with other QF owners, there seems to be a lot of them who see themselves holding onto the car for the very long term, so hopefully a good sign.

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

What a great choice Hawkeye, well done! That's apparently the best Alfa in many, many years, so enjoy it! :-)
A petrolhead we know owned "Gulia Four Cheeses" and BMW M2 at the same time, had to let one go.
Gulia Q won to be kept, M2 now gone! ;-)

How come your Gulia Q arrives so quickly?
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Semerka wrote:What a great choice Hawkeye, well done! That's apparently the best Alfa in many, many years, so enjoy it! :-)
A petrolhead we know owned "Gulia Four Cheeses" and BMW M2 at the same time, had to let one go.
Gulia Q won to be kept, M2 now gone! ;-)

How come your Gulia Q arrives so quickly?
Thanks Semerka. I personally find the M2 to be quite an ugly car, so very pleased to hear that the QF won through.

I have chosen this time to buy a used car to try and mitigate depreciation - a concession for my very easy going wife who indulges my car buying habits.

Picked up a great spec car that is only a few months old with just 3,700 miles. It was £71k new and now selling for just under £54k, so hopefully depreciation will slow down now.

The forecast auction value (average of 3 finance houses) for a 2.5 year old base (no options) QF with 17k miles i.e. tailored to my mileage over next 2 years is £35,565. So, allowing for a car that has a really strong spec and is sold through more conventional channels, depreciation should be ok hopefully.