Macan SD for Sale

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

So ......... this has definitely been both a head and heart process, but perhaps not in the way you might expect.

The heart part ........ I have decided to buy the Giulia Quadrifoglio! 😲 it’s an amazingly exciting car to drive (500hp + 0-60 in 3.6 seconds!) with a great sense of charm and theatre (sounds pretty good!) about it. IMO it’s a really pretty car and it is remarkably good at everyday duties too with a very compliant ride about town and enough family practicality. It is very heavily Ferrari inspired from the engine and chassis to a carbon fibre roof, bonnet and drive shaft. It has all sorts of impressive driving tech such as torque vectoring and an active carbon fibre front splitter that massively increases downforce above 62 mph etc. Every journalist review of it is very complimentary and if Henry Catchpole would buy, it will be good enough for my driving skills!

The head part ..... given my pretty significant depreciation on my Macan, I’ve bought a 4 month old, great spec car with 3,700 miles on it that listed at £71k when new and has already lost a big chunk of money. It has pretty much every option box ticked except carbon ceramic brakes including:

Tri Coat Competizione Red
Black Leather and Alcantara Upholstery with Green and White Contrast Stitch and Carbon Fibre Interior Inlays.
Convenience Pack which includes Exterior Door Handle Lights, IP Storage Compartment on Driver Side and Keyless Entry.
19" Dark Grey 5 Hole Alloy Wheels with Red Calipers
Sports Leather and Alcantara Heated Steering Wheel with Carbon Fibre Inserts
Active Cruise Control, Satellite Navigation, Bluetooth, DAB Radio with ipod Connection
Dual Climate Control, Heated Electric Front Seats with Drivers Memory
Front and Rear Parking Sensors with Reversing Camera
Electric Folding Mirrors
Dark Tinted Rear Windows
Auto Lights Xenon Headlights

I have also got a great rate on a 2 year PCP deal to underwrite the car so I can just give it back if QF residuals don’t hold up.

Should be here in the next few days! As a petrol head, I’ve never owned an Alfa, so here probably starts a tumultuous love affair!

A few pics for those interested. Discuss.

13EABFDA-D98D-412C-B1A7-AF6CD9165068.jpeg

No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Not sure what happened to rest of pics ... 2nd attempt.

056419A1-AFBF-4B7E-9D41-00314224D2E5.jpeg

16EB0B96-FFFE-48E2-9872-7079E3C7105E.jpeg

D5D7C81C-A61C-417D-B274-ADAEFA65393D.jpeg

AB685673-BD39-437F-91B2-6E4D3C8FD7FD.jpeg

1344AA72-8B5A-43C5-A942-D1B39D117122.jpeg

Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

A real beauty especially in that colour... but...

336B4070-A20E-4F20-8034-CED3EA120C5B.jpeg

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Orangebulldog wrote:A real beauty especially in that colour... but...
That’s not the first time someone has questioned my logic today, but I’m prepared to take a leap of faith.

I’ve only done 7,000 miles in the last 19 months in the Macan, so I don’t rely on the car day to day. Hopefully that means that if I encounter problems, they shouldn’t be too disruptive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

That looks great and they are reported to be an amazing drive. An Alfa certainly does have soul and hastens the heart when driving.

Hope it's not nosey but would really love to hear how the PCP deal looks like in terms of deposit and monthly. PM if easier please.
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

Hawkeye wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:22 pm
Orangebulldog wrote:A real beauty especially in that colour... but...
That’s not the first time someone has questioned my logic today, but I’m prepared to take a leap of faith.

I’ve only done 7,000 miles in the last 19 months in the Macan, so I don’t rely on the car day to day. Hopefully that means that if I encounter problems, they shouldn’t be too disruptive.

Ow sorry Hawkeye, I wasn’t questionning your choice. I quite like it actually. Just was betting on the RS4. And as you say, if not driven too many miles a year, it should be fine. And even then: when I bought my previous Range Rover, many of my friends shook their heads. I did 160.000km in three years with it, no problems at all! So kinda have to be lucky too I guess. I still miss it...
Paul

Post by Paul »

If you’ve got a guaranteed residual then that’s great!
Now, just the breakdown cover to sort out😂😂

Seriously though, it sounds like you’ve thought the whole thing through and a good chunk off a high specced car sounds great!👍

Enjoy, and do give us some feedback after a couple of hundred miles.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Paul wrote:If you’ve got a guaranteed residual then that’s great!
Now, just the breakdown cover to sort out[emoji23][emoji23]

Seriously though, it sounds like you’ve thought the whole thing through and a good chunk off a high specced car sounds great![emoji106]

Enjoy, and do give us some feedback after a couple of hundred miles.
Thanks Paul. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little apprehensive. I’ll miss the interior quality of the Macan by comparison and the real comfort and practicality of the Macan. However, I’ve been missing a more engaging drive for a good while and this will at least solve that issue.

I’ve read multiple forums about reliability and issues seem to have been limited to minor things like sensitive alarms etc and the odd light coming on the dashboard and then disappearing. Given everyone’s reaction, I’m prepared for some issues, but can’t be worse than owning a Jag or a Land Rover!

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I really did think that would be your decision. Fabulous choice. The QF is miles better than the RS4 with its dead steering and wooden ride.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

SAC1 wrote:I really did think that would be your decision. Fabulous choice. The QF is miles better than the RS4 with its dead steering and wooden ride.
Thanks SAC1 [emoji106]. The RS4 is beautifully built and rapid with great tech. The Quattro also makes it useable in all conditions. The steering is not great as you say and the dynamic steering didn’t seem to help.

My main fear with the RS4 though was that I wouldn’t grow to love it as it was maybe just a bit functional and lacking any drama when just pottering around. It was also £20k more expensive in the guise I wanted, so the Alfa got the vote.