Macan SD for Sale

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Hawkeye wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:18 pm Thanks Semerka. I personally find the M2 to be quite an ugly car, so very pleased to hear that the QF won through.

I have chosen this time to buy a used car to try and mitigate depreciation - a concession for my very easy going wife who indulges my car buying habits.

Picked up a great spec car that is only a few months old with just 3,700 miles. It was £71k new and now selling for just under £54k, so hopefully depreciation will slow down now.

The forecast auction value (average of 3 finance houses) for a 2.5 year old base (no options) QF with 17k miles i.e. tailored to my mileage over next 2 years is £35,565. So, allowing for a car that has a really strong spec and is sold through more conventional channels, depreciation should be ok hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That makes total sense to me, if you find a car in your preferred spec.
I never had a brand new car until my Macan SD and that was only because the 2nd hand market was so strong back in late 2015.
Now back to buying a few months old examples, they are all still like brand new anyway if cared for and no waiting. :)

Well, I am sure you will have fun! Keep us posted! 8-)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0

TD444

Post by TD444 »

Very nice - colour & spec look great - good luck with the new venture....

I didn't see down the thread about the Macan - Did you trade in or sell private? Am sure some of us may be wondering including myself who has a well spec'd 2016 Macan Diesel of how re-sale values are.....

If you don't want to share on the forum - maybe PM me...

T
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHN2UAS9
Order Date 16 Nov - Expected delivery ~April / May 2016
Collected Tue 3rd May
VanB

Post by VanB »

Brave choice, Hawkeye given the lamentable reliability reputation of Alfa's but I expect it will be a lot of fun and it looks great too. Good luck with it and hopefully it brings you many miles of smiles. BTW I would have chosen the Alfa over the incredibly dull/wooden RS4 too despite its great engine. Big change from the Macan though!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

VanB wrote:Brave choice, Hawkeye given the lamentable reliability reputation of Alfa's but I expect it will be a lot of fun and it looks great too. Good luck with it and hopefully it brings you many miles of smiles. BTW I would have chosen the Alfa over the incredibly dull/wooden RS4 too despite its great engine. Big change from the Macan though!
Absolutely, it is a big change. I do feel slightly apprehensive about it, but I’m hoping it’s just a bit of nervous excitement! [emoji51]

All the paperwork etc done and now just getting to sorting a collection date.

No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Sounds like you have thought this through Hawkeye

I like the look of the Alfa and even though I am a fan of the powerful Audi’s the Alfa is just that bit different.
Yes it isn’t finished as well as the Audi but it clearly ticks your boxes.

Look forward to a report especially on the power. 😊

Enjoy and I am sure you will thoroughly love it 👍
GTS 😀
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Hope you can bring it to a Macan Meet... what happened to that?
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Kasfranks99 wrote:Sounds like you have thought this through Hawkeye

I like the look of the Alfa and even though I am a fan of the powerful Audi’s the Alfa is just that bit different.
Yes it isn’t finished as well as the Audi but it clearly ticks your boxes.

Look forward to a report especially on the power. [emoji4]

Enjoy and I am sure you will thoroughly love it [emoji106]
If you see a YouTube video of some idiot in London unintentionally doing donuts whilst trying to get used to the power, that will probably be me! [emoji849]

Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Just realised one other small benefit of buying a 4 month old car registered in Nov 2017. I miss out on paying the new vehicle tax of £800 (based on the QF emissions) and only have to pay the £450. Happy Days! [emoji16]

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Hawkeye wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:33 pm Just realised one other small benefit of buying a 4 month old car registered in Nov 2017. I miss out on paying the new vehicle tax of £800 (based on the QF emissions) and only have to pay the £450. Happy Days!

Just gets better and better! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Caster

Post by Caster »

Your Alfa really looks the business Hawkeye and I'm sure it'll give you many memorable miles of motoring.

Hope all goes well + will be interesting to see if you'll consider coming back with us Porsche guys in a couple of years!
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D