Macan SD for Sale

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

What a gorgeous looking car, Hawkeye! The specification and Ferrari-inspired bits all sound awesome! And nothing wrong with letting the heart over-rule the head every now and again! ;)

Look forward to seeing your pics following handover and your initial impressions! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Wing Commander wrote:What a gorgeous looking car, Hawkeye! The specification and Ferrari-inspired bits all sound awesome! And nothing wrong with letting the heart over-rule the head every now and again! ;)

Look forward to seeing your pics following handover and your initial impressions! :)
Thanks Wingco ..... as a man who appreciates colour, I thought you might approve of the paint job!

With the snow forecast again this weekend, I might delay collection until mid next week. A 500hp rear wheel drive car on Pirelli Corsas is likely not for the faint hearted. This is a car where there is no real debate about winter tyres. They are pretty much a must according to most existing owners.

Will definitely provide some thoughts once I’ve experienced it for a little while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Can't wait to hear more about the fun you have in your 500hp exotic Italian sports saloon!

Even a trip around the corner to get the Sunday papers would be an episode of dramatic theatre in such a beast! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Wing Commander wrote:Can't wait to hear more about the fun you have in your 500hp exotic Italian sports saloon!

Even a trip around the corner to get the Sunday papers would be an episode of dramatic theatre in such a beast! ;)
[emoji16] Indeed!

Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Interesting decision Hawkeye! It looks great. It's just the sort of car to stir the emotions and, hopefully, to really engage with. I hope you get a lot of fun with it. Let us know!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Nobleman

Post by Nobleman »

You have to say Alfa can make gorgeous looking cars, and this is another one. Its what I would have chosen over the Audi. Life is there to be enjoyed, and that means you shouldn't always take the most 'sensible' option.

Cars should be a source of enjoyment, from looking at them to sitting in them, driving them, listening to them, talking about them, even washing them. Hope all those boxes (and more) are ticked for you with this purchase.

Everyone should own an Alfa at least once in their life.

Congratulations.
pj191k89
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Looks gorgeous. Nothing wrong with letting your heart rule your head every now and again. You only live once.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

mark-yorkshire wrote:Looks gorgeous. Nothing wrong with letting your heart rule your head every now and again. You only live once.
Thanks all. It’s reassuring to know that at least some of you believe I’m not doing something totally ridiculous!

Having only very recently said I felt no attachment to my Macan, I’m now feeling bizarrely strange about selling it! I think it’s the speed at which it happened. No 10 months of staring at the configurator second guessing yourself! It’s great that the QF is coming quickly, but little time to adjust to the concept. Our son was very sad that the Macan is going, but he also got very emotional about Toys R Us closing down at the weekend too!

Thankfully, the forecast of snow seems to be gone, so may still be on for a weekend delivery.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Hawkeye wrote:
I have also got a great rate on a 2 year PCP deal to underwrite the car so I can just give it back if QF residuals don’t hold up.
Forgot to mention..... another reason behind the 2 year PCP was that the car would remain in warranty throughout this period in case of any issues. I’m fortunate that there are 3 Alfa dealers very close to where I live and all are manufacturer owned. This seems to have been helpful for some owners due to the direct line to Alfa UK in case of any issues. Fingers crossed I don’t have to find out if that’s the case. 🤨

ALEX

Post by ALEX »

Congratulations Hawkeye what a beautiful car. I'v had three Alfa's two were brilliant one not so good. I still go on the website for a look and wonder
"should I "
Wishing you many miles of happy motoring and looking forward to your reports.
Ordered August 2014 Delivery
hopefully September 2015
Code PG4CGYQ2