Selling my 2017 Macan S

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Noggieboxa

Post by Noggieboxa »

My 2017 Macan S is up for sale. Agate Grey, 10k miles, sensible spec and reasonable price. Autotrader ad link:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 3214768693

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Looks a nice car but joining the forum just to sell your wheels first and now your car isn’t in the spirit of this place. Most forums don’t allow it.

Good luck with sale and what is next?
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

MCDK wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:55 am Looks a nice car but joining the forum just to sell your wheels first and now your car isn’t in the spirit of this place. Most forums don’t allow it.

If selling anything on Rennlist, you must first sign up as a member & pay a subscription. 'Users' can participate in conversations, but not advertise anything. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Noggieboxa

Post by Noggieboxa »

You forgot the roof bar thingies that I am also selling 😬

I’m heading back to where I came from - 2 cars - a fast estate and a weekend/trackday car - probably back to an RS6 and some flavour of 911. My Macan purchase was a trial to go down to one car. Great SUV in many ways, but it doesn’t float my boat........

I would suggest that you don’t discourage short term Macan owners from posting sales etc on your website - after all, it should be mutually beneficial - they may be able to offer you something you might want to buy.......😎
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

MCDK wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:55 am Looks a nice car but joining the forum just to sell your wheels first and now your car isn’t in the spirit of this place. Most forums don’t allow it.

There is a Classified/For Sale section on the Forum which is previsely where the Op has posted his Sale.

No problem from me.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Noggieboxa wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:00 pm
I would suggest that you don’t discourage short term Macan owners from posting sales etc on your website - after all, it should be mutually beneficial - they may be able to offer you something you might want to buy.......😎
Agreed. Such contributors are not breaking any forum rules, as far as I know.

No reason why other Porsche cars/parts can’t be advertised either really, seeing as other models owned by forum members include the 911, Boxster, Cayenne, Cayman and Panamera. :)

Rob would soon chip in if he wanted to discourage certain behaviours. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
IainSmith

Post by IainSmith »

I’m interested to know how you get on with selling your car and what interest you get from autotrader and other advertised listing places.

I’m thinking of selling my Macan S petrol privately.
Noggieboxa

Post by Noggieboxa »

An update on the sale of my Macan, added as info (and in the spirit of the forum!) for anyone else selling their vehicle.

I initially went down the usual private seller route of PH advert and Autotrader. Nothing much apart from a few ‘no shows’ and dealers offering well below the asking price.

After 2 weeks of nothing, I gave the car to TH Boler to sell on a commission basis - or SOR. Their business model is sound; most buyers of premium cars in the £40k + market tend to look and buy from dealers, not private sellers. Most buyers have cars they want to PX and most will want to take finance. Private sellers cannot offer this.

Given that I also work overseas during the week, with limitations on viewing availability at weekends only, it seemed a logical option to go down this route. The dealer is open all week and they can have the hassle of test drives, tyre kickers and time wasters.

The car is now sold. I got the price I wanted for the car and paid TH Boler £1500 (er, plus VAT) in commission charges. BTW, I also considered Targa Florio who work on a similar basis - although with them you agree the price you want for the car and they then sell it for what they can, and pocket the difference - similar, but different, as they say.....

Experience with TH Boler was excellent - hassle free and highly recommended, if you’re selling a premium quality vehicle that’s worth a few bob.

http://www.thboler.com/.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Good recommendation for the future👍
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Paul wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:59 pm Good recommendation for the future👍