On the LOOK OUT for SD or Turbo to BUY

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
johnd

Post by johnd »

Col Lamb wrote: ↑Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:43 pm comfort mode is lethargic at any speed.
Simply not true. That's a question of how you drive it (or maybe how the map has adjusted to your driving style). If you allow it go off-throttle in Comfort mode then yes it is slower to respond. But with my SD as long as you have some throttle input relative to speed (or alternatively use kickdown) then response is respectable, though obviously not as good as in Sport or Sport+ modes.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly

sparkmacan

Post by sparkmacan »

Thanks for all your comments all,
I would love a GTS or Turbo but they are still commanding strong money.
I can't help thinking as soon as the new ones land they will drop.
I was after something on the Private purchase to save paying dealer prices & possibly a 2 year old car.
Keep on Looking, not in a rush as I have a Toy & a Mini D in the Family.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPZWUIJ5 Waiting patiently

Previous Macan SD 65 & GTS 66
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Ian.g wrote: ↑Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:16 pm The SD is still a great car. I doubt I would drive any faster in a turbo. It would be better for overtaking - on the rare occasions where you get a chance. But otherwise I don’t think it makes much difference to most people. Except for the fact that visits for fuel are very infrequent in an SD - which is nice
+ 1. My SD is fast and with great acceleration and linked to so much better fuel economy than the petrol engines. I test drove an SD and a GTS and decided to buy the SD. A few months later I had an extended drive in the OPC's demo GTS and had no regrets in choosing the SD.

Now that Porsche is part of the VAG group, engine and component sharing is the norm. The new generation 2018/9 Macan will be using Audi 2.9 and 3.0i and VW 2.0i engines, albeit with Porsche tuning.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
tuizner

Post by tuizner »

Its funny, just had a petrol loan while my SD was having a transfer box. Found the sport and sport plus modes which were fun but only really coming into curves. 30mpg on a 320 mile roundtrip vs about 42 in the SD. The funny thing is when I got back in my (better imo) SD I found a sport mode which I really have never seen probably since I bought it new! The SD isnt sluggish and I guess because i dont use the sport mode it might have altered the ECU to my "normal" driving style to compensate for my blindness in the buttons dept.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

tuizner wrote: ↑Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:17 pm Its funny, just had a petrol loan while my SD was having a transfer box. Found the sport and sport plus modes which were fun but only really coming into curves. 30mpg on a 320 mile roundtrip vs about 42 in the SD. The funny thing is when I got back in my (better imo) SD I found a sport mode which I really have never seen probably since I bought it new! The SD isnt sluggish and I guess because i dont use the sport mode it might have altered the ECU to my "normal" driving style to compensate for my blindness in the buttons dept.
Sounds like you had a 2 litre petrol loaner, I'm not biased but porsche don't make diesels anymore do they πŸ˜‰
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

johnd wrote: ↑Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:49 pm
Col Lamb wrote: ↑Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:43 pm comfort mode is lethargic at any speed.
Simply not true. That's a question of how you drive it (or maybe how the map has adjusted to your driving style). If you allow it go off-throttle in Comfort mode then yes it is slower to respond. But with my SD as long as you have some throttle input relative to speed (or alternatively use kickdown) then response is respectable, though obviously not as good as in Sport or Sport+ modes.
Simply is true

In an SD when cruising at a constant speed in Comfort mode, put the right foot to the floor and you will wait.

There is a distinct pause before anything happens, its not Turbo lag its the fuel economy maps of Comfort mode.

This has been the case in my own SD and four other SDs that I have driven.

One of the SDs I drove was at the PEC and that was lethargic in Comfort mode and if any SD is driven aggressively it is those at the PEC.

Put the SD in Sport or Sport+ and it is a different matter.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Paul

Post by Paul »

Col Lamb wrote: ↑Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:28 pm
Simply not true.
Simply is true
It’s like being at the pantomime.......(now waiting for next line......πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Paul wrote: ↑Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:42 pm
Col Lamb wrote: ↑Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:28 pm

Simply not true.
Simply is true
It’s like being at the pantomime.......(now waiting for next line......πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰)

Oh no its not

:lol:
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

"He's behind you" in a petrol engined Macan, at the filling station! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

β€œ Oh no he’s not , he’s in the dealers having a regen.”
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊