On the LOOK OUT for SD or Turbo to BUY

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
sparkmacan

Post by sparkmacan »

Getting back in to a Macan is proving a Challenge, Dealers are commanding silly manly due to the lack of New cars.
I think as soon as supplies start coming back in from the factory used prices will start to drop.

There are limited Private sales, if anyone is selling a D or Petrol good spec sensibly priced please PM me I'm interested .

Many thanks
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPZWUIJ5 Waiting patiently

Previous Macan SD 65 & GTS 66

johnd

Post by johnd »

You perhaps need to mention a timescale. I will potentially be selling a 2016 SD (22K miles) which is pretty well spec'd (other than wheels!) but it won't be for 3-6 months probably, until a replacement car is ordered and delivered.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
sparkmacan

Post by sparkmacan »

Timescale looking from no on really, have another car so not in a major rush but would like to be in one in the next 2-3 months ready for Winter !!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPZWUIJ5 Waiting patiently

Previous Macan SD 65 & GTS 66
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I suggest that you totally dismiss the SD.

Go for an S, GTS or better still a Turbo.

If you want a Porsche then do buy one with a Porsche engine and not a detuned Audi engine as you would with the SD
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Guy

Post by Guy »

^ Come on Col, get off the fence! :lol:
johnd

Post by johnd »

Deleted (Where's the delete button gone on these posts?!?!?)
Last edited by johnd on Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Real mpg at Fuelly
johnd

Post by johnd »

Deleted
Last edited by johnd on Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Real mpg at Fuelly
johnd

Post by johnd »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:54 pm If you want a Porsche then do buy one with a Porsche engine and not a detuned Audi engine as you would with the SD
But aren't all the engines now to be 'co-developed with Audi'? You can make an argument for preferring petrol to diesel, but I'm not sure that the badge on the engine makes too much difference for future Macan models. Isn't the 3l petrol in the FL Macan potentially the same engine as in the Audi S4 and S5, but also detuned (at least if its specs in the Cayenne are anything to go by)?

Real mpg at Fuelly
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

The SD is still a great car. I doubt I would drive any faster in a turbo. It would be better for overtaking - on the rare occasions where you get a chance. But otherwise I don’t think it makes much difference to most people. Except for the fact that visits for fuel are very infrequent in an SD - which is nice
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The SD is a great motorway plodder.

Its OK around town but only in Sports mode, comfort mode is lethargic at any speed.

Then there is the will it wont it go into limp home mode because of the DPF blocking means that you have to be mad keen on buying an SD

For sheer ease of driving and fun on the open road not to mention the engine sound we get on start up or when putting the boot in, you cannot beat a V6 petrol Macan.

As some members have had their new SDs off the road since last Feb awaiting Porsche to get off their collective butts and produce a working solution to the dieselgate fiasco then totally avoiding any Porsche with an oil burning motor is a wise move.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags