New wheels wanted, possibly turbo 20/21 incb

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
dannyb

Post by dannyb »

Hi, I've just bought a 2015 Macan which has standard 19" wheels. I think they're a bit too small for the car and want to change them. I've little experience with macans, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I like the turbo wheels but don't really want to spend more than 2k. Thanks!

jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Keep your wits about you if you buy from ebay mate, there's loads that don't have TPMS fitted, low tread rubbish tyres fitted etc and they still want £2k. By the time you refurbed a set of diamond cut wheels and put on a full set of tyres you wouldn't be far off the new price haha.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome Danny.

My advice would be to buy a new set of 20/21” from Porsche with Summer tyres fitted.

If you live in an area of the country with more extreme weather or want added safety during the colder months then I would advise that you keep the 19” wheels and have Winter tyres fitted.

If you negotiate all this with your OPC they should then store the wheels you are not using and twice a year they will swap from Winter to Summer and vica versa.

BTW which Macan variant have you bought?

If my memory remembers correctly in 2015 the standard wheel size was 18” for S and SD Macans..
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Good advice Col, mine came with 21s but I put together an 18" wheel set for winter and the car drives really nice on it. I've fitted seperate winter/summer wheel sets for probably the last 10 years now.