Car cover

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

I am in the market for a cover for the Macan. It seems the F***ING cretins that manage the carpark under my building are unable to stem leaks from waterpipes which then drip onto the cars leaving great big calcium marked stains on the paint. Has anyone got a Macan version or know where they're picked up at reasonable Β£10.95 prices?

Thanks!

Paul

Post by Paul »

Sounds like you and goron share a management company....πŸ˜‚
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Try Stormforce car covers not Β£10.95 but under Β£100 πŸŒ‚πŸ˜‰
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Curious2

Post by Curious2 »

I have a genuine Porsche Macan cover bought from OPC for Β£200 last April with my new Macan S. Only used for one week whilst car was left outside.
Will sell for Β£100 plus postage or can be collected from Southampton.
Current 2017. 911 C2
Current 2018Macan S
Gone: 2015 981 Cayman
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Curious2 wrote: ↑Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:32 pm I have a genuine Porsche Macan cover bought from OPC for Β£200 last April with my new Macan S. Only used for one week whilst car was left outside.
Will sell for Β£100 plus postage or can be collected from Southampton.
Hi, any chance you could PM me with some photos and details?

Thks!
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Paul wrote: ↑Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:19 pm Sounds like you and goron share a management company....πŸ˜‚
Yea, although mine did spend about 6 months redoing all the concrete bedding and now we have no leaks. At least not over my bay.

Funnily enough, I just threw out all my car covers. They were all a bit shit frankly. Problems variously:
* Too big/heavy to put on by yourself without scraping across your paintwork
* Can't be put on a wet car
* Can, but really shouldn't because of condensation, mildew, mould, etc.
* Enormous pain in the arse
* Light enough for use, but lime drips go right through it.

In the end, I used a lightweight half cover, that's normally meant to be used as a kind of "hat" for smaller cars to keep the roof and windows clear. It was strapped down with bungies to the wheels. I used it to cover just the rear end of the Macan (so more like a nappy!). Effective, easy to put on. Only issue, is the rear half of the car stays a lot cleaner than the front if I leave it parked for several days (dusty environment).

Anyways, haven't needed this for a couple of years or more now. Hence chucking them out as I didn't have storage space for them and had probably started to rot a bit.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

goron59 wrote: ↑Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:01 am
Paul wrote: ↑Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:19 pm Sounds like you and goron share a management company....πŸ˜‚
Yea, although mine did spend about 6 months redoing all the concrete bedding and now we have no leaks. At least not over my bay.

Funnily enough, I just threw out all my car covers. They were all a bit shit frankly. Problems variously:

In the end, I used a lightweight half cover, that's normally meant to be used as a kind of "hat" for smaller cars to keep the roof and windows clear. It was strapped down with bungies to the wheels. I used it to cover just the rear end of the Macan (so more like a nappy!). Effective, easy to put on. Only issue, is the rear half of the car stays a lot cleaner than the front if I leave it parked for several days (dusty environment).

Anyways, haven't needed this for a couple of years or more now. Hence chucking them out as I didn't have storage space for them and had probably started to rot a bit.
If you don't mind...what was the easiest way you found to clean the lime markings off the car?

Secondly, did you prefer a cricket bat or baseball bat when talking to the managing cretins?

Thanks on both!
goron59

Post by goron59 »

GMAN75 wrote: ↑Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:01 am
goron59 wrote: ↑Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:01 am

If you don't mind...what was the easiest way you found to clean the lime markings off the car?

Secondly, did you prefer a cricket bat or baseball bat when talking to the managing cretins?

Thanks on both!
Well, first time it happened, I was rather distraught so did some research on using pH levels to neutralise it.

I soaked a lot of EBR (elephant bog roll aka kitchen roll) with water/white vinegar mix and covered the area for a while - several minutes - then washed it off. This works quite well, and repeated a few times.

Not perfect, but shortly afterwards, I valet parked my car at Heathrow T5 and the car's paint was almost destroyed by what can only be described as a pack of angry weasels. T5 valet said "left at your own risk guv" and told me to fuck off, along with some legal wording to back it up. Seriously, don't _ever_ valet park at T5. I later sold the car so that was that.

Next time it happened, it was on my R8, so got it professionally fixed (probably used better quality EBR and vinegar) and sent the bill to my management company, who eventually covered about half the costs. Bizarrely, the most damage was done to the underside of the diffuser. The lime drips would drop on the concrete just behind the car and splash back.

By the time I got Macan β„–1 I was in full half-cover hat mode. By the time I got Macan β„–2 the building was fixed.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Curious2

Post by Curious2 »

Hi, any chance you could PM me with some photos and details?

Thks!

PM sent
Current 2017. 911 C2
Current 2018Macan S
Gone: 2015 981 Cayman
N111BJG

Post by N111BJG »

I have a Stormforce cover over my 911, so I give it a thumbs up. Easy to fit, nicely snug,.
2023 Macan S in Copper Ruby Metallic
2022 Mini Cooper Exclusive Convertible (Hers)
2022 BMW R1250GS
2016 991.2 C4S Cabriolet in Miami Blue
2019 Macan S (Sold)
2015 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster (Sold)
2005 997.1 C2S Cabriolet (sold)