NOW SOLD - TDI-Tuning box for Macan SD

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Shortshift

Post by Shortshift »

I've just sold my diesel Macan (best all-round car I have ever owned) and removed the TDI-Tuning box (model CRTD2) before I let the car go. It's just like new (as in, immaculately clean, as well as with perfect functionality), is complete with the T-harness, instruction book, fitting instructions and it's all packed in the original box. The optional 'removal cap' is also included. The tuning-box (about the size of a cigarette pack) is absolutely plug-and-play; the box and harness can be installed, or removed, in around 10 minutes involving just two underbonnet connectors and the box itself can be detached from the harness and replaced with the 'removal cap' to provide standard/OEM functionality in less than 1 minute.

I know that these devices attract a variety of views but I have nothing but praise for it from my own experience. It was fitted for around 30,000 miles and nothing untoward ever happened. There are seven steps of 'tune' available but I only used the mid-setting; although my priority was an increase in low-end and mid-range torque, I'm sure there is also an increase in outright power too - I just never tested that! It was very effective when used on this mid-setting to provide mainly improved mid-range pull and driveability, working seamlessly in both normal and 'sport' modes (I didn't have Sport Plus so can't comment on that - though I have no reason to suspect that it will not add performance as in the other modes). So usefully improved overall performance and flexibility and, from my figures, a modest (around 3mpg) gain in fuel economy as well.

I informed my insurance company and there was a circa £30 increase in my annual premium; I have heard of other users not being charged at all. Whenever I took the car in to the OPC for service work (111 point/extended warranty checks, ECU/DME 'dieselgate' updates; inspections and servicing) I simply removed the box (computer-type connector) and fitted the 'removal cap' in its place, taking probably less than a minute to do. No issues from the OPC at all, even after accessing the vehicle electronics through the OBD port, because there is no electronic or software trace left that the device had been fitted.

I paid just over £350 for the unit and I'm looking for half of that back - so £175 (and I'll include postage) to a fellow Forum member.

James
Last edited by Shortshift on Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

I've got one of those fitted to my Diesel Cayenne. Feels as though it breathers easier. I keep it at level 7...and my economy has also improved by about 10%
Macan
Taycan Turbo
Shortshift

Post by Shortshift »

And now sold - many thanks!

James
Leesparky

Post by Leesparky »

Don’t suppose anyone else has one for Macan SD for sale, too? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk