Is the price right?

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
weemsy6147

Post by weemsy6147 »

Maybe it has been sold today as it was there this morning?

Scottchp

Post by Scottchp »

adam b wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:08 am
Scottchp wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:25 pm There are actually a lot of highly specced cars out there, and most of the ones I’ve looked at have things I don’t want like deployable towbars or carbon steering wheels. Mileage wise I’m not too fussed about getting a low mileage car as I only do around 6k miles a year, so buying one with average or above miles should be corrected in my ownership hopefully. The search is fun but im also keen to get behind the wheel and start enjoying the car - especially as I’ve sold what has been my current car.
Be patient, prices are falling and you need to not get frustrated. I did at first but once I had my comparison spreadsheet running and could keep track of cars and my offers it can be fun.

I had some time to relax (was using zipcars and don't need a car most days) but needed a car before Glastonbury . I had two dealers accept my offers whilst I was on the train to pay for the car I got :roll: was almost tempted to switch but I agreed a price the day before and like to honour such things.

What are your must haves? I may be able to share over PM what I prices I had from some dealers (off sticker price)
Must haves are Bose, Heated Seats, Roof Rails and Sport Chrono. Colour wise I think it’s down to grey, black or red. Pan roof would be preferable but it’s not a dealbreaker. I do prefer the standard 20’ RS Spyders in black. I’d be interested to know by Pm what dealers were most open to some bartering. What did you go for in the end?
Fun ICE car - TBC...I’m working on it!!
Daily Grunt - 2020 Peugeot e208 GT
SOLD - 2017 Macan GTS
Volcano Grey, Air, 21” Turbos, Pan Roof, Carbon Interior and a few more luxuries...
adam b

Post by adam b »

Scottchp wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:38 pm What did you go for in the end?
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8729&start=10
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
rosino

Post by rosino »

Why the must have Bose when the standard is more than adequate and if you really need you can do a simple speaker swap upgrade that will make it much better than the Bose and still be invisible ?
Scottchp

Post by Scottchp »

rosino wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:51 pm Why the must have Bose when the standard is more than adequate and if you really need you can do a simple speaker swap upgrade that will make it much better than the Bose and still be invisible ?
I’m beginning to come round to this idea as the frustration of not getting all the options I want grows!!
Fun ICE car - TBC...I’m working on it!!
Daily Grunt - 2020 Peugeot e208 GT
SOLD - 2017 Macan GTS
Volcano Grey, Air, 21” Turbos, Pan Roof, Carbon Interior and a few more luxuries...
River

Post by River »

weemsy6147 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:56 pm My old Macan Turbo Performance Pack is now a good buy at Porsche Wilmslow. They have just dropped the price another £5k to £60k
I just stumbled on your post - I think I may have bought your car - MK67?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Scottchp wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:38 pm
adam b wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:08 am
Scottchp wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:25 pm There are actually a lot of highly specced cars out there, and most of the ones I’ve looked at have things I don’t want like deployable towbars or carbon steering wheels. Mileage wise I’m not too fussed about getting a low mileage car as I only do around 6k miles a year, so buying one with average or above miles should be corrected in my ownership hopefully. The search is fun but im also keen to get behind the wheel and start enjoying the car - especially as I’ve sold what has been my current car.
Be patient, prices are falling and you need to not get frustrated. I did at first but once I had my comparison spreadsheet running and could keep track of cars and my offers it can be fun.

I had some time to relax (was using zipcars and don't need a car most days) but needed a car before Glastonbury . I had two dealers accept my offers whilst I was on the train to pay for the car I got :roll: was almost tempted to switch but I agreed a price the day before and like to honour such things.

What are your must haves? I may be able to share over PM what I prices I had from some dealers (off sticker price)
Must haves are Bose, Heated Seats, Roof Rails and Sport Chrono. Colour wise I think it’s down to grey, black or red. Pan roof would be preferable but it’s not a dealbreaker. I do prefer the standard 20’ RS Spyders in black. I’d be interested to know by Pm what dealers were most open to some bartering. What did you go for in the end?
OK your Must Haves

Bose, is not a big leap over the quality of standard system, if all you are going to listen to are downloaded mp3 files then do put a few of your fave tracks on an SD card and listen to them in different Macan audio systems. You may then rethink your list.

Heated Seats, those of us with Heated Seats and Steering Wheels will probably use the Heated Steering Wheel, more and for longer. Heated seats have three settings:- fried, well fried and incinerated.

Roof Rails, seen hundreds of Macans yet zero with anything actually on the roof. Probably it is the GTSers that are the ones who were less likely to have rails fitted. There have been a couple of members here who have suffered from leaks through the roof rail fixings and repairing them has been a pretty major task so if you are considering retrofitting them to a GTS that does not have them then do discuss in detail with an OPC prior to purchasing a GTS without rails

Sports Chrono, can be retrofitted all be it without the gauge. You could always go this route and buy the binnacle and fit a clock in it, one would be far more useful than the worthless dial that is fitted with the SC pack.

20” Black Spyders were if memory serves me right were the standard fitment wheels.

Colour wise, black is a pain to clean but looks amazing when actually clean. The Carmine Red to me looks dirty to start off with, I used to see one very regularly and after about a year the owner became less OCD about cleaning it and take it from me a dirty, grubby Carmine Red GTS looks far worst than a dirty, grubby Met Black Macan, Platinum Silver is the one to go for if you can.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
weemsy6147

Post by weemsy6147 »

River wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:46 pm
weemsy6147 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:56 pm My old Macan Turbo Performance Pack is now a good buy at Porsche Wilmslow. They have just dropped the price another £5k to £60k
I just stumbled on your post - I think I may have bought your car - MK67?
Yes that was my vehicle
River

Post by River »

Lovely car, nice spec - thank you. Only thing missing are roof rails for the top box my kids like to fill when we go on holiday!

I would PM you but I'm too new..
2017 Macan Turbo PP
2012 991
2017 Abarth 595 Turismo
steve w

Post by steve w »

Price seems o/k but I’ve noticed residuals are dropping since the new model was launched and more second hand Macans come onto the market,Sheffield OPC (JCT600) seem to have quite a good selection for sale ,if you’re not in a rush might be beneficial to hold on a while