Is the price right?

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
Scottchp

Post by Scottchp »

Hey folks, this is one of the contenders I’ve been looking at purchasing.

Just wanted a few opinions on where I should be pitching - it seems values are on the slide and it may be worthwhile holding off a little.

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/Macan-GTS-73547

Cheers,
Scotty
Fun ICE car - TBC...I’m working on it!!
Daily Grunt - 2020 Peugeot e208 GT
SOLD - 2017 Macan GTS
Volcano Grey, Air, 21” Turbos, Pan Roof, Carbon Interior and a few more luxuries...

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Only you can decide what is vfm for yourself.

I was considering a GTS in 2016 but when I configured one and did the same with a Turbo there was only £5k difference so bought a Turbo.

c£69k is what I guestimate that the GTS originally cost.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
VanB

Post by VanB »

Seems surprisingly reasonably priced. You can knock at least £4K off that for a private sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Looks great Scotty, you can either wait politely until the price comes down, or you can make an offer that you are willing to pay.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
sparkmacan

Post by sparkmacan »

Morning Scotty, yes that does look at good price,
Good spec too but that depends on what options you require.
That car will have want until Dec 2021 which is nearly as good as new.
Peace of mind from a dealer,
you could offer 2K less and be willing to walk away, - they will more than likely call you back ..

Best of luck searching
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPZWUIJ5 Waiting patiently

Previous Macan SD 65 & GTS 66
Scottchp

Post by Scottchp »

I offered £55k on Friday and they haven’t even phoned me back. Not filling me with confidence...
SOLD - 2017 Macan GTS
Volcano Grey, Air, 21” Turbos, Pan Roof, Carbon Interior and a few more luxuries...
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Scottchp wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:32 am I offered £55k on Friday and they haven’t even phoned me back. Not filling me with confidence...
Only two Carmine red GTS currently on Autotrader, similar spec but IMO the one your viewing is the better (interior and LED headlights) the other does have less miles but your example is with OPC warranty, its worth the difference. Most similar specced GTS under 30k miles priced closely. That one won’t hang around for long and with an OPC if you can drop it by £1000 you will have done very well.

There are two more on Piston Heads, (Aberdeen and County Antrim) all prices very close but not the locations 😳😉
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
adam b

Post by adam b »

That’s a decent offer. I have looked at every high spec GTS and turbo on the last 2 weeks and there are deals to be had. One OPC came down 2.5 from sticker price but isn’t quite my ideal spec and as a cash buyer being patient is key, values only going down
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
Scottchp

Post by Scottchp »

adam b wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:41 pm That’s a decent offer. I have looked at every high spec GTS and turbo on the last 2 weeks and there are deals to be had. One OPC came down 2.5 from sticker price but isn’t quite my ideal spec and as a cash buyer being patient is key, values only going down
I think ur right Adam, I’ve been looking for a few weeks and a couple of dealers have offered £2k off but I’ve not quite found the right car that ticks all my boxes. One OPC has dropped both their GTS’s by £1k this week and a different group up here in Scotland are offering £750 off any car if you buy this month.

My local OPC sold the last 2 they had in a matter of days. But their current pair have been there for a month. Don’t know if that’s just coincidence.

I don’t want to rush in if there’s a chance of securing a better price and also getting the right spec which may come up with a bit more patience.
SOLD - 2017 Macan GTS
sparkmacan

Post by sparkmacan »

Although no body wants to pay more than they need to , I think getting the right spec paying slightly more is the KEY.

From experience I have always regretted a car buying on cost not spec, get want you want & enjoy it, they are only losing and dropping money if you are selling quickly.

Enjoy the search, its the best part !!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPZWUIJ5 Waiting patiently

Previous Macan SD 65 & GTS 66