Wanted - Porsche Macan for newbie

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
wolfie73

Post by wolfie73 »

Hello - I'm looking for my first Porsche and really like the Macan.
I'm not a super petrol head like most of you guys but after negotiating with my partner, this is the spec I'm looking for.

Porsche Macan
• 2.0 litre with under 30k miles
• Updated touchscreen/Sat Nav version (2016 onwards)
• Colours - first choice Volcano Grey, second choice Night Blue - no other colours
• Interior – Pebble Grey/Agate only
• Wheels - first choice 20" Spyder wheels, second choice any other design but not base 18" Macan wheels
• 4 must have options: Panoramic roof with sunroof, Reversing camera, Memory seats & PASM
• Ideal options: Privacy glass, Bose sound system, key-less entry, heated seats, heated steering wheel, surround-view park assist

It looks like the interior colour is the rarest item but I've decided to hold out for it and hope something pops up soon.

Thanks for looking!

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

You clearly know what you want but with such specific requirements your search may be long. Worth it if you get what you want in the end.

One question seems pretty obvious, why not consider a 3.0 petrol or a GTS and thrt
May be easier to locate with the options you want.
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Agreed, the hard part will be finding any car without black or red interiors. Next hardest might be keyless entry.

Curious, but what is your budget? Assume you'll not be looking at the newest cars if you'd consider a post-16 with sub 30k miles

I was looking for quite a long time as I specifically wanted Adaptive Cruise and I'd guess only about 5% of the cars have it fitted. So as suggested, it could be a long wait, but if you are able, wait for the right car for you. You can set alerts on Autotrader for cars; also quite a few dealers use eBay

Ref wheels; I picked up a pair of 20 inch Sport Design wheels with almost new tyres for a reasonable sum so don't get too hung up about wheels - they are the easiest thing to change and quite a few sets out there.

Good luck
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome. :D

You obviously have great taste especially with the interior :oops: :oops: :oops:

Good luck with your search :D :D :D
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

This?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-Porsche-Macan-3-6T-Turbo-PDK-4WD-s-s-5dr/312739516555?hash=item48d0ba508b:g:ml8AAOSwmnFdnsOs
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
wolfie73

Post by wolfie73 »

MCDK, Madelvic, ScotMac - many thanks for the feedback.

MCDK - I thought a 3.0 litre or GTS would be a bit too expensive for me but I'll include them in my search.
Have to admit the 3.0 litre had such a smooth drive tho.

Madelvic - thanks for the link. I had seen that one but it's a bit of a stretch for my budget & missing the rear camera my partner wants.
I haven't done any homework on the Turbo but assume running costs, insurance etc. jump up.

Budget is set around £40k which is why I opted for this size engine, age & mileage.
I know it's possible because I passed up on a 2.0 litre with my spec, 18k miles and under £40k 6 weeks ago and since then a day doesn't go by without me kicking myself! It was also from a dealer and as I'm new to Porsche, their approved scheme looks worthwhile (I think?).

As the saying goes, 'beggars can't be choosers' but I hope something comes up again soon.

Cheers
paulmac

Post by paulmac »

I wondered how long it would be before someone would suggest an alternative to the 2L. I have driven the 2L, S, SD and GTS and for me the 2L is all the car you need for most roads, most of the time. I nearly went with an SD last year but finally decided that for my 10k pa in this car a 2L petrol would be fine. It's not a sunday afternoon sports car but plenty fast enough to not be stuck behind slow traffic when its not nose to tail. The rest of the time it is just a great place to be with a comfortable high quality interior. You didn't mention seats. I recommend 14-ways although I am sure others will pitch in for 18-ways J

Whilst you wait for your perfect spec I recommend visiting your local OPC to test your spec against the reality of driving real cars so you are ready to go when "your" car appears.

Paul
Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981
wolfie73

Post by wolfie73 »

Paulmac - I'm with you on the 2.0. It's my first Porsche and it has approx +50 bhp over my current Lexus so I'll be thrilled with it on the road.
To be honest, I've driven half a dozen Macans and I'm selling my Lexus just so I very ready to go!
The PX slowed things down 6 weeks ago and I don;t want to lose another one.
Re: seats - I thought you had to opt for 14-way to get memory but just realised you can add driver memory to the standard seats...time to update my spec! :-)
Thanks
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

wolfie73 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:38 pm MCDK, Madelvic, ScotMac - many thanks for the feedback.

MCDK - I thought a 3.0 litre or GTS would be a bit too expensive for me but I'll include them in my search.
Have to admit the 3.0 litre had such a smooth drive tho.

Madelvic - thanks for the link. I had seen that one but it's a bit of a stretch for my budget & missing the rear camera my partner wants.
I haven't done any homework on the Turbo but assume running costs, insurance etc. jump up.

Budget is set around £40k which is why I opted for this size engine, age & mileage.
I know it's possible because I passed up on a 2.0 litre with my spec, 18k miles and under £40k 6 weeks ago and since then a day doesn't go by without me kicking myself! It was also from a dealer and as I'm new to Porsche, their approved scheme looks worthwhile (I think?).

As the saying goes, 'beggars can't be choosers' but I hope something comes up again soon.

Cheers
Hi.
If you needed any help with insurance at all for ant model you are looking at then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.