Question for those who have ordered the new Macan...

All your ordering information here!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Not planning on changing any time soon, VanB. Although coincidentally, I did get a sales call from Swindon OPC earlier today. Am guessing that they’re quiet and trying to drum up some business. They did think I was still in the Panamera though. :roll:

Macan is a great car, but the T is my favourite so far. 9,258 miles & counting... :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Jon G

Post by Jon G »

I've always tended to not buy the same marque twice, so it would be nice if Porsche is as addictive as you say & I can bring some consistency into my car buying, mind you might not be so good for my bank balance :lol:
VanB

Post by VanB »

Loved the Macan GTS love the 911 GTS even more and just over 9k miles since March (would have been more but using my daughter's C1 as a runaround, horrible thing).

Jon G if your experience is as positive as most others then I suspect you will be hooked. The Macan is a supremely capable and comfortable car with amazing dynamics for the type of vehicle it is.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

I'm on my 5th in 8 years but so far resisted the 911. Not sure how long I'll be able to hold out though.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

So I had a call today which actually seems to answer the Macan question.

I can't pick up the Cayman despite it being ready at the weekend as it's embargoed (if that's the correct word in this context) until Monday 19/11 - that's the new WLTP compliant engined Cayman.

I also learned that the facelift Macan had been embargoed till 08/12. This is from an OPC which are notoriously unreliable as far as knowledge goes.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
RAA

Post by RAA »

I'm looking forward to being a first-time Porsche owner next year, in the queue for the new facelifted Macan S (originally an SD, but they will be no more). Because I am near the top of my local Porsche Centre's list, having ordered early February 2018, I have been told to expect delivery late April 2019.
Craig Porter

Post by Craig Porter »

65% some cars will arrive in December, Some allocation has now been sent out for the Macan S, will need to be built as a 2.0 and then sent to Porsche GB!!! I'm back after a very tough 9 months!!!!!
cheekyMacan

Post by cheekyMacan »

I ordered my first Porsche and was told by the Leicester dealership that it was fully built and sitting at the docks awaiting sign off and clearance to ship.

All vehicles now must pass the new EU real time emissions requirements (whatever they are).

So hoping for December delivery but potentially may be Jan.

I’ve ordered a special edition “sport” version that was spec’d by Porsche and really well loaded.

Cannot wait

Chris
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKSGFNH9
Loving my 2L Turbo Macan with Sports Chrono, 18-way Seats, Wonderful Display Screen, 20" Turbo Alloys, PASM, PS+, Sports Exhaust, Pano-Roof, LED Headlights. Ignore the haters, this is a SUPERB car :D :D :D
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

cheekyMacan wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:51 am I ordered my first Porsche and was told by the Leicester dealership that it was fully built and sitting at the docks awaiting sign off and clearance to ship.

All vehicles now must pass the new EU real time emissions requirements (whatever they are).

So hoping for December delivery but potentially may be Jan.
A warm welcome Chris to our friendly Forum

All vehicles must now be rated under the new WLTP rules: http://wltpfacts.eu/

We waited five months from May to the end of Oct 18 for our 2.0i [similar] engined Seat Leon. Your Macan will not have left the factory without it passing this new test. As it is at the docks then possibly up to 4 weeks before it is at your dealership and the PDI / road tax arranged prior to your collection. Even if it arrives in Dec, you may decide to defer until Jan to be 2019 registered and future valued?

it will be worth the wait though....enjoy. Don't forget to post photos when you do get it.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Teids86

Post by Teids86 »

Hi everyone

I have ordered the 2019 Macan 2.0l T last week and I am expecting delivery first week of March :)

The dealer has shared with me the precise date until which I could modify the car if needed as well as precise week of delivery.

I am based in Europe

Will send some pictures once I have picked the car up

Hopes this gives you more visibility of current waiting times
Last edited by Teids86 on Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.