2nd Macan ordered

All your ordering information here!
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

On-Track wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:04 pm Given your desire to keep the spec light, the only addition I would suggest is having the rear apron mid-section painted. It's only £312 and makes a difference for every colour except black and night blue.
Yes, actually my SE also recommended painting the rear mid section, and it is something I’ll definitely consider for my green Macan on order (I’ll look out for cars which have it to get an idea). My current Macan is Night Blue and as you suggest doesn’t look like it would have particularly benefited from it.

My SE also suggested the pano roof for residual value, and I can see it’s a really popular option, but it’s not something that has particular appeal to me so not sure I can bring myself to stretch to one of those!
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ No sense in paying for a pano roof for the next owner, if you don’t want that option for yourself. And like most options, you won’t get 100% of your money back, so seems pointless to me.

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
VanB

Post by VanB »

I’d second that WingCo - no pano on my Night Blue GTS and didn’t affect resale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

Yep.. only buy options for you not the next owner .. my problem was knowing when to stop..
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Makanik wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:40 pm
On-Track wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:04 pm Given your desire to keep the spec light, the only addition I would suggest is having the rear apron mid-section painted. It's only £312 and makes a difference for every colour except black and night blue.
Yes, actually my SE also recommended painting the rear mid section, and it is something I’ll definitely consider for my green Macan on order (I’ll look out for cars which have it to get an idea). My current Macan is Night Blue and as you suggest doesn’t look like it would have particularly benefited from it.

My SE also suggested the pano roof for residual value, and I can see it’s a really popular option, but it’s not something that has particular appeal to me so not sure I can bring myself to stretch to one of those!
Until I read your reply, I hadn't noticed that I'd left Panoramic Roof off my signature :oops: My wife mandated it on my Macan but I don't regret it for a minute and it will definitely feature on any future Macans. One feature of the new Cayenne Coupe that I like is the fixed Panoramic Roof. It underlines the fact that the PR lets in light and does not necessarily have to open. As others have said, only specify it if you want one. Paying £1.4k to benefit the next owner is not the best use of funds.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel