2019 Macan S Spec

All your ordering information here!
mossyroof

Post by mossyroof »

First post on this forum ..... so I'm afraid it's the standard first questions:

1. What do you think of this spec for a Macan S? code is PLYG9VX5
2. I'm going into my local dealer tomorrow. Am I likely to be able to get a discount off this car? If so, what should I aim for?
3. Is it worth me trying round other dealers or do they all have the same rules?
4. Have had Audis for the last 20 years (currently RS6, now looking for something a bit more sensible but still with some fun) - am I going to regret jumping ship to Porsche Macan?!

Thanks

Murray

Makanik

Post by Makanik »

mossyroof wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:06 pm First post on this forum ..... so I'm afraid it's the standard first questions:

2. I'm going into my local dealer tomorrow. Am I likely to be able to get a discount off this car? If so, what should I aim for?
3. Is it worth me trying round other dealers or do they all have the same rules?
4. Have had Audis for the last 20 years (currently RS6, now looking for something a bit more sensible but still with some fun) - am I going to regret jumping ship to Porsche Macan?!

Thanks

Murray
Spec looks pretty good. Maybe add heated steering wheel. Many will urge you to spec larger wheels, although I think the 18 inch look ok.

If you wanted to shave off the cost somewhere , I would suggest thinking about whether you really need Sports Exhaust and Bose.

It’s difficult or perhaps impossible to get any discount on a new Porsche that you specify yourself - but you can ask!

I think you will be very pleased with your Macan!
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

There are so many options available that you are never going to get everyone to agree on the same spec

If that is what you like the look of then go for it.

With white I might have gone black exhaust and roof rails to match the other black bits on a white car
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
ianst

Post by ianst »

spec is very personal tbh, i'd get black window surrounds and roof rails, cos i think chrome is dated.
i'd bin off speed limit as waze will do that for free
make sure you sit in 18 ways as the bolsters can be high in an suv, you have to climb over.
I would personally get bigger wheels.

yes ring around, different dealers will be able to compete. You will get told that they don't do discounts, but if ready to deal they will, I managed £2000 off a factory build and others were willing to go to £1000. My local said no discounts. I am travelling 150 miles to collect.
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
Panthera

Post by Panthera »

mossyroof wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:06 pm First post on this forum ..... so I'm afraid it's the standard first questions:

Thanks

Murray
Welcome to our friendly forum :)

My feedback:
1. Spec is a very personal choice and some things that are important to you would not be to me or would not be to somebody else. Having said that, this would be the changes I would make to your spec! :D

Add
• 20” Macan Turbo Wheels in Gloss Black
• Roof Rails & Window Surrounds in Gloss Black
• 14 Way Seats
• Heated Steering Wheel

Drop
• 18 Ways
• Sports Exhaust
• Bose

Total = £ 61,282.00 vs original spec £61,013.00

2. Not much chance of a discount - but you've nothing to lose by asking. At the very least see if they'll throw in some mats or a boot liner
3. Worth a go
4. I've been an Audi man since 1996 and this is my first Porsche. I love it - best car I've ever owned

I'm sure your spec will evolve but enjoy the whole buying experience - I found it second to none. OPC's really have fabulous coffee :lol:

PLYG9VX5-B.jpg

PLYG9VX5-A.jpg

Ray :geek:
Macan SD
Rhodium Silver, 21” Wheels on Air, ACC, Pano Sunroof, 14way Seats, 4x Heated and Steering, Reversing Cam, Spare Wheel, Privacy Glass, PDK Gears, Folding Mirrors,
adam b

Post by adam b »

ianst wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:49 pm I'd get black window surrounds and roof rails, cos i think chrome is dated.
I would personally get bigger wheels.
spot on with those two - the small wheels will be a resale problem IMHO, chrome looks very dated

this is personal - but I dislike the side panels in black, think I would get body coloured
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

Overall a nice spec, but agree with the others in general, don't mix white, black & chrome.
Drop the chrome, black out the window trim & room rails and perhaps spec the sports exhaust system with black tips also (but even with the sports exhaust you will sorely miss the RS6 rumble!!)
Ask for a discount. I got a discount of about £800, and also £1k of a set of 20" winter wheels & tires. They were offering me a rather poor price for my S4 trade in, but I simply sold it privately, no change to the discount offered.
Enjoy.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

Hmmmm RS6 to Macan S? I think I would go for the Turbo.......
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris
rosino

Post by rosino »

Panthera wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:19 pm
Welcome to our friendly forum :)

My feedback:
1. Spec is a very personal choice and some things that are important to you would not be to me or would not be to somebody else. Having said that, this would be the changes I would make to your spec! :D

Add
• 20” Macan Turbo Wheels in Gloss Black
• Roof Rails & Window Surrounds in Gloss Black
• 14 Way Seats
• Heated Steering Wheel

Drop
• 18 Ways
• Sports Exhaust
• Bose

Total = £ 61,282.00 vs original spec £61,013.00

2. Not much chance of a discount - but you've nothing to lose by asking. At the very least see if they'll throw in some mats or a boot liner
3. Worth a go
4. I've been an Audi man since 1996 and this is my first Porsche. I love it - best car I've ever owned

I'm sure your spec will evolve but enjoy the whole buying experience - I found it second to none. OPC's really have fabulous coffee :lol:
Spot on. I don’t understand the obsession with Bose and 18w as they are a right pain to get into being a SUV and I speak after having owned a couple of GT3s with carbon folding buckets which are not exactly forgiving..

For me Bose is a total overkill too.

Sport exhaust really debatable. If you come from an RS6 with the new one you might miss not only the power but mostly the engine noise. PSE might mitigate that but unclear if it makes that much of a difference I have not heard the two side by side but some say it’s useless and others say it’s a must have. I guess only a trip to silverstone PEC BEFORE you finish the configuration will tell.
pmg

Post by pmg »

My changes to your initial spec would be to drop sports exhaust and spend money realised on at least 19-inch wheels. the 18/19 have the advantage of bearing narrower than the 20/21 and hence more aquaplaning resistance etc as well as lower replacement costs. 20/21's provide better handling feel. I would also do black window frames and roof rails

I am a fan of the 18 way seats even over the 14 way.

My first two BMWs and my Golf GTI were white external black internal so I lived with the white paint regular washing for 10 years but I do really like the look.
Last edited by pmg on Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8