Smartphone compartment deleted from MY2020 ?

All your ordering information here!
spock64

Post by spock64 »

First post ... have a Macan S to pick up on 1st September to replace my rock solid Cayenne Diesel ... Quite a change I think :-)

I was at the OPC today and looked in one of the display models and noticed that the smart phone clip was not present in the centre console. When I returned home, I looked at the printout of the configuration from the time of ordering and see "smartphone compartment" listed under "Communication systems" in the standard equipment section. When I look at an MY2020 standard equipment list, the "smartphone compartment" words are now not there!

Now, I live in an area of dodgy reception and was hoping that the amplifier / repeater would help - but now it looks like it has been deleted from a car that I'm due to pick up in a few days time :-(

Can anyone confirm what the situation is? I guess it would need to be someone who has seen or picked up their car that was held up at Emden last month?

goron59

Post by goron59 »

Hello!

FWIW, I've never had a phone that fit into the clip in either of my Macans (iPhone 6+, 8+ Galaxy S8, plus a few random generic Androids).
I hope your phone is a) small enough to fit and b) the booster/clip arrangement is still there!
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
ianst

Post by ianst »

can't answer this yet, but i did read the repeater was turned off on UK cars anyway?

https://www.macanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7425
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
spock64

Post by spock64 »

Thanks for the link ianst - I had not realised there was a problem. Even worse I guess is that the Macan spec included it in May ... but silently removed it.

I'll update the thread when I take delivery!