GTS leather interior package?

All your ordering information here!
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

dragoshsd wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:34 am the GTS leather package with 18 way seats is the best look & feel. You can lots of leather, including on doors, dash, center console, etc. The only downside is for some stupid reason you can't add ventilated seats to it.
It's the Race Tex that locks out the ventilated seats.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel

jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

You don't need them at all with Race tex.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
Shivan

Post by Shivan »

Thanks everyone; very helpful. I do want it to feel slightly different to my current Macan GTS, so I’m going to go for it. I think it’s the contrast stitching (oddly enough) is my favourite part.

On the seats, the 18-ways aren’t for me; I chose 14-ways for my current car and every time I get a loan car with the 18-ways, I repeat the same process... they look much better than the 14-ways (to me), I then find it harder to get in, once I’m in I love them and then when I come to get out, I resolve to stick with the 14-ways which I love!

On the seat ventilation, I’d actually like that. But you can’t spec it with 14 way and the GTS leather package. On the Race-Tex, I don’t have a particularly strong reason for wanting to stick with all leather but again, there’s no Race-Tex option with the 14-ways so it’s not a decision I need to worry about!
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Can agree with your thought process and final outcome, good call👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
dragoshsd

Post by dragoshsd »

On-Track wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:00 am
dragoshsd wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:34 am the GTS leather package with 18 way seats is the best look & feel. You can lots of leather, including on doors, dash, center console, etc. The only downside is for some stupid reason you can't add ventilated seats to it.
No, mine are full leather, no Race Tex.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

dragoshsd wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:29 pm
On-Track wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:00 am
No, mine are full leather, no Race Tex.
Sorry, you're right. I've just spent a few minutes on the configurator and as soon as you specify the GTS interior seat ventilation is removed regardless of whether it's full leather or leather and Race Tex.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
jone66

Post by jone66 »

I was debating the same thing myself on the stitching, it is a lot of money but I'm of the thought I won't be specing a car every 2 or 3 years so get what I want. I also had the dilemma with the tow bar and cycle rack, 1400 all in. I could get a nice new mountain bike for that and chuck it in the back of by old van.
1972 - MKIII Cortina 2L GT
Orion Ghia 1.6 Inj
Then got Married (Twice)
Nissan Micra
Peugeot 307 & 207
Kia Sorrento - Honda HRV
And single again so time for....
Macan GTS - Ordering after lockdown (1st new car Ever) :D
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

Hi Shivan,
My 2p if you haven't locked down yet
I highly rate the GTS leather package and specced it on our previous GTS and again on our current GTS. Really like the premium look/feel and the contrasting stitching. Didn't bother with the 18 way seats on either car as the 8 way GTS seats are similar style and very comfortable, with more than enough adjustment for us (I have 18 ways in my 911 for comparison).
Macan GTS Volcano Grey 2020
911 GTS Cab 2015 (991.1)
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Mind the GTS interior package is a lot more than just the contrasting stitching. It gives you full leather across the dashboard, doors and centre console. You get contrasting seatbelts, and colour rev counter, and also contrasting stitched mats which are nice. It's a lot of money and may or may not be 'worth it' to different people.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS