Gen 3 orders

All your ordering information here!
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

pmg wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:56 am
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:44 am
mistercesq wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:48 pm Just had confirmation on my Miami Blue S. Build date in October, delivery November. I placed my deposit in May.
Congrats, and at the same time, ooof! Placed mine in July. Really wanted it for Dec. I suspect that may not happen. I’m guessing Feb?
Do not give up hope of December yet. the pre-order versus slots position will differ between OPC's and until slots are allocated to OPC's which some say has not happened yet everything is provisional never mind firm
My OPC has had their first allocation assigned to them. It is quite a major Porsche centre though. My stepfather put a deposit down 2 weeks after me and he’s been told Q1 2022.

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

mistercesq wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:29 pm
pmg wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:56 am
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:44 am

Congrats, and at the same time, ooof! Placed mine in July. Really wanted it for Dec. I suspect that may not happen. I’m guessing Feb?
Do not give up hope of December yet. the pre-order versus slots position will differ between OPC's and until slots are allocated to OPC's which some say has not happened yet everything is provisional never mind firm
My OPC has had their first allocation assigned to them. It is quite a major Porsche centre though. My stepfather put a deposit down 2 weeks after me and he’s been told Q1 2022.
Yay!! and Yay once more. O frabjous day.

Went to the toy shop to try out some 18 and 14 ways seats to see which my copious behind felt slightly less copious in (the answer probably wont surprise you) and I was informed that I have been allocated a build slot for October!! They don't know exactly when in October so delivery likely some time in November. That's earlier than I thought and dovetails really nicely with the lease on the current car, which expires in December.

I am a rabbit of positive euphoria! Next step, firm-up the spec and give them some more money.

oh, and if anyone is interested the OPC says they think they’ll have demonstrators in Sept.
azmj

Post by azmj »

Evening guys,
Our first Macan, will be ordered on Saturday.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PN8HG516

Any recommendations on options I am missing?
2022 Macan GTS Copper Ruby
2022 Cayman GT4 PDK GT Silver
2022 VW ID3 Family Pro Performance Moonstone
Deleted User 4436

azmj wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:06 am Evening guys,

The one thing I have learned in the short time I've been on this forum is that everyone has very different ideas on what you should spec in your build. Happy to advise but there are some bits you just need to decide on yourself.

This is my order spec ( a humble S with slightly fewer bits added than yours )

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN8TWID8

There have been lots of comments about de-specing having ACC ( I love it in my current car ), should have Bose audio (have posh stereo on my current car and seldom make any great use of it), seats are a great area of discussion (I finally went for 14 way comfort after originally speccing 18 sports - went and tried them out in the end). Even the difference between the standard 65 ltr and very slightly more expensive 75 ltr tank stirs up a fairly healthy conversation. And don't start us on keyless entry!

Unlike a lot of forums, however, it is all good natured and well informed by people that have actually "been there, done that". So welcome aboard.
azmj

Post by azmj »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:52 am
azmj wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:06 am Evening guys,

The one thing I have learned in the short time I've been on this forum is that everyone has very different ideas on what you should spec in your build. Happy to advise but there are some bits you just need to decide on yourself.

This is my order spec ( a humble S with slightly fewer bits added than yours )

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN8TWID8

There have been lots of comments about de-specing having ACC ( I love it in my current car ), should have Bose audio (have posh stereo on my current car and seldom make any great use of it), seats are a great area of discussion (I finally went for 14 way comfort after originally speccing 18 sports - went and tried them out in the end). Even the difference between the standard 65 ltr and very slightly more expensive 75 ltr tank stirs up a fairly healthy conversation. And don't start us on keyless entry!

Unlike a lot of forums, however, it is all good natured and well informed by people that have actually "been there, done that". So welcome aboard.

Thank you for the welcome!
I completely understand there will always be differing views on options - just making sure there was nothing that is considered essential if that makes sense.

On a separate note has anybody been given a GMFV for the GTS?
2022 Macan GTS Copper Ruby
2022 Cayman GT4 PDK GT Silver
2022 VW ID3 Family Pro Performance Moonstone
Mindthegap

Post by Mindthegap »

Evening everyone

First post and great to be here. I’ve put my spec below. I built it on the website configurator a few days ago, and then went to the dealership today to finalise. I’ve gone all out on this, since it’s my first Porsche. Very exciting.

Any advice from the more experienced on my spec? It’s not really a question of what more to add (unless I’ve made any clangers)…more if there is anything that looks like it’s not needed…I have got a little carried away, and dealer took a couple of things off!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNA1PJL7

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.
Deleted User 4436

Mindthegap wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:38 pm Evening everyone

First post and great to be here. I’ve put my spec below. I built it on the website configurator a few days ago, and then went to the dealership today to finalise. I’ve gone all out on this, since it’s my first Porsche. Very exciting.

Any advice from the more experienced on my spec? It’s not really a question of what more to add (unless I’ve made any clangers)…more if there is anything that looks like it’s not needed…I have got a little carried away, and dealer took a couple of things off!

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.
Noice. Only thing I’d personally skip is the extra power steering thingy. I’d keep all the rest ( except the sports seats, my arse doesn’t like them although they look great ). Not sure I saw the 75ltr tank, which seems to be worth it if you drive long distances.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Mindthegap wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:38 pm
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks.
Welcome, looks good and a big spec indeed, not sure that PTV is really beneficial though. 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Mindthegap wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:38 pm Evening everyone

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.
When I was messing about on the configurator i came up with a very similar spec to yours externally except I opted for the RS spyder wheels is silver rather than matt black. I love the blue but I've never liked black wheels on dark blue cars. I wish they offered the GT design wheels in silver though as I think they are the nicest wheel design on offer.

Inside I went for the black gts interior package with silver stitching, extended dashboard leather and race tex rooflining.

I'd get rid of Lane keeping assist...i absolutely hate it on the other half's Audi. Might work better in the Macan though, but why should you really need it?

Apart from that a pretty good spec! 👍
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Mindthegap

Post by Mindthegap »

Thanks folks, very useful.

Interesting in that the dealer also challenged me on the PTV and lane keeping assistance. He felt the former was unnecessary unless going on track and the latter was a waste of time.

I chose PTV because I live in the country and want to have some fun on country roads. But would be interested in what others think. If this is unnecessary then I may take it off. I feel like everyone is telling me to get rid of the lane keeping assistance, so I may just delete that.

I did initially choose the gloss black wheels, but I decided to keep the ones it comes with because there is still some black plastic left both front and back, that is unpainted, and I thought a black matt wheel might bring those elements together.

Thanks again and any more comments on PTV would be great to help me choose.

I guess one other question is that I decided not to go for ventilated front seats. Is that a mistake?