Build allocations only

All your ordering information here!
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Old Chimer wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:26 pm Okay, so tomorrow morning I should place a £3k deposit with as many OPCs as I choose to, wait to see which gives me the earliest build slot and then cancel the orders with all the others. If everyone did that it would make a mockery of dealer forecasts and play havoc with their budgets.
I think I remember reading on this forum that is exactly what quite a few customers do? If and when I buy another Porsche that is exactly what I will do 😊
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I’ll throw in a curveball.

Think globally.

There is only one Macan factory and a whole world wanting them.

Then throw in the varying markets ie. in Singapore a Macan GTS will cost you £185,000 (no, its not a typo), so plenty of factors affecting who goes where in the factory build allocation process.

Take a look at the USA market where many pre configured Macan’s are sold directly new off the dealer lot and that the buyer in the USA will take precedent over us here, a while back when the wait here was 9 months in the USA it was 4 months and that included shipping and overland transfer time. So if one OPC chain wants 100 Macan GTS’s with a certain number of specific Options guess where they go in the build allocation process.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Old Chimer wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:26 pm Okay, so tomorrow morning I should place a £3k deposit with as many OPCs as I choose to, wait to see which gives me the earliest build slot and then cancel the orders with all the others. If everyone did that it would make a mockery of dealer forecasts and play havoc with their budgets.
Yep, that is what I did.

Do have a build code ready that you will stick to asap and let the Dealership know you will give them the code and lockdown as soon as you are offered a confirmed build date.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:45 pm
Yep, that is what I did.

Do have a build code ready that you will stick to asap and let the Dealership know you will give them the code and lockdown as soon as you are offered a confirmed build date.
Part of me wishes I'd known this when I placed my order and paid my deposit 7 weeks ago, but part of me is starting to get a nasty taste in the mouth.
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Old Chimer wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:55 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:45 pm
Yep, that is what I did.

Part of me wishes I'd known this when I placed my order and paid my deposit 7 weeks ago, but part of me is starting to get a nasty taste in the mouth.
I would not worry about it just create a final build code and let the Dealer know you can lockdown asap as soon they can give you a confirmed build.

You could always ring a few dealers to let them know you can place a deposit and lockdown the spec if they have any cancelations.

In fact I was offered two early builds, and passed one onto a member here and he queue jumped the others at this particular OPC.
Col
Macan Turbo
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:54 am I would not worry about it just create a final build code and let the Dealer know you can lockdown asap as soon they can give you a confirmed build.

You could always ring a few dealers to let them know you can place a deposit and lockdown the spec if they have any cancelations.

In fact I was offered two early builds, and passed one onto a member here and he queue jumped the others at this particular OPC.
My point is that it shouldn't be about queue jumping, or 'playing the game', it should be about having an equitable ordering process regardless of where you order from.
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

If would very be interesting if somebody on the list tried it :D
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
samandrew

Post by samandrew »

Old Chimer wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:18 am
Col Lamb wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:54 am I would not worry about it just create a final build code and let the Dealer know you can lockdown asap as soon they can give you a confirmed build.

My point is that it shouldn't be about queue jumping, or 'playing the game', it should be about having an equitable ordering process regardless of where you order from.
Try ordering one of the GT or GT RS cars, then you'll get a real taste of Porsche's ordering game. :lol:

I'm happy with the timescale my OPC gave me, if I get a slot sooner, I'd be happy, I'd rather continue to build a relationship with my local dealer, although that wont be worth much when everything is electric.
Previous Porsches - 944, 928, 986, 981
Macan S on order
Trueadventurer

Post by Trueadventurer »

Hi All,
I have just placed an order this week for Macan S, still working on the spec but wondered if anyone had any feed back on very recently placed orders of an ETA? I manly ask as i would like to sell my existing car while prices are high but that depends if its going to be 3 months or 6.

Thanks
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Trueadventurer wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:15 pm Hi All,
I have just placed an order this week for Macan S, still working on the spec but wondered if anyone had any feed back on very recently placed orders of an ETA? I manly ask as i would like to sell my existing car while prices are high but that depends if its going to be 3 months or 6.

Thanks

Welcome to our friendly forum, and congrats on your order! :)

What time estimate did your Porsche Centre (OPC) give you?
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018