GTS for £65k

All your ordering information here!
Elrao

Post by Elrao »

MCDK wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:05 am The leather upgrade is well worth the cost to give a much nicer feel inside. Much better value than the full GTS interior upgrade.
From the configurator, I prefer the look of the full leather to the 50/50. With children, I always think leather is safer too, as you can clean it easier!!

Elrao

Post by Elrao »

Slightly updated spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMR98BN9

Removed - Body coloured wing mirros
Added - spare wheel, sports chrono
Changed - half leather to full leather
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

We would have had the GTS had it been available but the Mrs needed to replace her 981 and couldn’t wait.

Our spec was £67k for the S so GTS would have been similar for us too.

We didn’t do the SC because would never use sports plus as it makes the gear change too aggressive. We can find the sports button fine

I think SC on a sports car is more critical than suv - had it on her 981 and I’ve got it on 992
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Elrao

Post by Elrao »

Test driving tomorrow, so will get a feel for SC (or not).

Am also wondering if the Power Steering Plus is worth it? I have seen this is just a software update, something I am familiar with on Audis (have the Audi cables to do this and have enabled plenty of free options in the past!).
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

My Mrs has never complained about steering being heavy and I have lotus with wide sticky front Tyres and no PAS!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

For me the SC is about the look, it just makes the dashboard look better.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Elrao wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:38 am Slightly updated spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMR98BN9

Removed - Body coloured wing mirros
Added - spare wheel, sports chrono
Changed - half leather to full leather

HI and welcome. i worked to a £65k budget and managed it, not easy! I have a very similar spec to you. I opted not to get the expected sports chrono and spent elsewhere. Standard sound system is pretty decent, so I didn’t go Bose. (MY 2021 code: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMRBL561

If this is a daily, you might miss the dimming mirrors and I also added: Smokers pack - lid cover, Heated windscreen & Entry drive instead of leather upgrade.
Sport design mirrors in body colour I think should be standard on a GTS, they look great
I love the heated GT Wheel - another GTS standard in my book.
Partial leather I think gives a nice feel to the interior and I considered, but not possible without crossing my £65k threshold

Can’t say that I would not select the same options again. Sports Chrono button is nice on the wheel and easier than the button, but for me not worth it and agree with another post on a sports car I can see it as expected on a GTS. I opted not to get it, could impact residual, but didnt buy for someone else.

I have no problems with 21" wheels (personal preference again). I have no air and unless in town I use sport PASM most of the time and it works well and not too frm for me.

Good luck with showing restraint on the options page - it’s hard!
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Interesting thread, so much I would add to this spec but that's I guess why we ended up with the car we did.

Genuinely intrigued by the amount of GTS owners who are happy without SC. You'd think if you bought a car for performance, you'd want all the performance - but obviously I can't speak for the GTS buyers here as I'm not one.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070