First Post

All your ordering information here!
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

geomacan wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:25 pm Great advice.

I have keyless entry on my BMW 530d M Sport now. I love it, works perfectly and even lets you open the tailgate with your foot under if that is your thing.

I had it on the spec for the Macan then removed it because I worry that a Macan is more likely to be nicked than my BMW and there were a lot of negative comments about it on the forum...now I have second thoughts because they have had their security status upgraded but worry that the little key thing in the ignition might fool people into thinking they can smash the windscreen because the keys were left in. I suppose I am a little paranoid. I might readd it as I agree with the comment re the boot but lets be honest.....it is a 1st world problem !!!

Thanks for the fuel stats Andy.....much appreciated
I don't think security is a concern here, shouldn't even need to keep the key in a tin.

Is anybody ever likely to believe a locked car has the key in the ignition and break the window? Has that ever happened?

I find it odd that Porsche didn't use a Start/Stop button, but never heard a single instance of the broken window thing.

As far as I'm concerned, I've got an active tracker and insurance - I don't lose any sleep.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

jaffacake wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:52 pm One irritation with the lock button is that it does not fold the mirrors when selected, it only locks - I like to know its locked with the visuals on the folded mirrors. If anyone has a fix for this let me know, but this is what it does on mine.

One of several improvements on the 2020 MY is that you can set the door mirrors to fold when you press the lock button on the key:

20200820_185115.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Welcome to the forum and good luck with new car

I think I’ve become immune to the ride in cars now so really have no issues with ours with 21” and air - it seems very good

You’ve definitely ordered a wafter there
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

SAC1 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:06 pm
jaffacake wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:52 pm One irritation with the lock button is that it does not fold the mirrors when selected, it only locks - I like to know its locked with the visuals on the folded mirrors. If anyone has a fix for this let me know, but this is what it does on mine.

One of several improvements on the 2020 MY is that you can set the door mirrors to fold when you press the lock button on the key:

20200820_185115.jpg
Always could, you just hold down the button for 3 seconds.
---

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

jaffacake wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:04 pm

20200820_185115.jpg
But you don't have to hold it down now!

I don't like keyless entry because you're never sure it's locked....unless the mirrors auto fold to confirm.....
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

SAC1 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:08 pm
jaffacake wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:04 pm

20200820_185115.jpg
But you don't have to hold it down now!

I don't like keyless entry because you're never sure it's locked....unless the mirrors auto fold to confirm.....
You press lock, the mechanics click, the indicators flash, the headlights come on (if comfort lighting fitted) and the alarm light starts to blink at the top of the door. It's quite clear.
---

kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

jaffacake wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:50 pm
kmacuk wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:39 pm I agree on the keyless and am a fan, more so with the improved security of the system. One irritation with the lock button is that it does not fold the mirrors when selected, it only locks - I like to know its locked with the visuals on the folded mirrors. If anyone has a fix for this let me know, but this is what it does on mine.
Hold down the lock button on the handle for 3 seconds.

Enjoy :D

(or are you talking about the tailgate button?)
Yes the tailgate button was what I was referring to, the interior hold I was aware of. I tend not to use the close/lock button on the tailgate and instead just press the close and touch the car handle to lock & fold the mirrors - for me pressing the button should do the same as the keyless lock .
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

kmacuk wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:13 pm Yes the tailgate button was what I was referring to, the interior hold I was aware of. I tend not to use the close/lock button on the tailgate and instead just press the close and touch the car handle to lock & fold the mirrors - for me pressing the button should do the same as the keyless lock .
Agreed, this is a niggle for me too, I don't like to walk away from the car without folding the mirrors.

However, if it means my wife doesn't forget to lock the car when going in the boot, the boot lock button can only be a good thing.
---

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Tracky wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:56 pm Welcome to the forum and good luck with new car

I think I’ve become immune to the ride in cars now so really have no issues with ours with 21” and air - it seems very good

Indeed, welcome to our friendly forum! :)

18” wheels on air will be a wafter indeed! A sublime ride! Like a magic carpet!

It’ll be the opposite of my car! 305/30s on the rear axle. The T already came with Porsche’s lowered Sport PASM suspension set up. I then had it further lowered by Litchfield with shorter, firmer KW springs. And I like to drive with the chassis in Sport mode too! :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
geomacan

Post by geomacan »

Wing Commander wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:10 am
Tracky wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:56 pm Welcome to the forum and good luck with new car

Indeed, welcome to our friendly forum! :)

18” wheels on air will be a wafter indeed! A sublime ride! Like a magic carpet!

It’ll be the opposite of my car! 305/30s on the rear axle. The T already came with Porsche’s lowered Sport PASM suspension set up. I then had it further lowered by Litchfield with shorter, firmer KW springs. And I like to drive with the chassis in Sport mode too! :lol:
Cheers......friction burns on your backside on that one :lol: