Update - GTS Driven & Deposit Paid!

All your ordering information here!
Post Reply
User avatar
jaffacake
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:27 pm

Re: Update - GTS Driven & Deposit Paid!

Post by jaffacake » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:00 pm

Tracky wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:36 pm
I really don’t get your point here - an articulated lorry cab has more power and torque than both of our cars does that make it quicker !?

I think you’ll find weight makes some difference.

There is less of a traction issue for a standing start in the wet in the straight line than you might think - guess where the transfer of weight goes. In fact in the wet a rear drive 992S actually accelerates quicker without launch control as demonstrated at the pec several times.

Finally, I see you like stats so check out how quick my car accelerates to 60 compared to yours which has S/C
Sure, I know how quick the 992 is, it's a newer range of cars. My generation of car was equivalent to the 991 and they compare quite closely:

http://www.zeperfs.com/match6768-4565.htm

I'm in no illusion that the Macan is a sports car, never was, but it has equivalent straight line performance to many sports cars of its age. I bought it for performance and, if sports chrono makes that performance better, why not tick the box?

This has nothing to do with 911 vs Macan, if I wanted a 911 I'd have bought one. I'm purely pointing out that the fastest Macan is the one with S/C, that's it really.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070

User avatar
jaffacake
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:27 pm

Re: Update - GTS Driven & Deposit Paid!

Post by jaffacake » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:01 pm

On-Track wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:34 pm
Yes I have Sport Plus, it's part of the SC package. However, I have no intention of accessing it while the car is still running in.
But you use sport and the power button?

Is there an official running in process? I've never seen one.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070

Tracky
Posts: 696
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:26 pm

Re: Update - GTS Driven & Deposit Paid!

Post by Tracky » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:04 pm

I think I’ll leave it there as clearly I know nothing about Porsches....
Current

2019 992 S with £20k of various options (his)
2019 Macan S with £18k worth of various options ! (Her)
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6 (his)
2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG (dog’s!)

Ex

2012 Boxster S (her)

User avatar
jaffacake
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:27 pm

Re: Update - GTS Driven & Deposit Paid!

Post by jaffacake » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:07 pm

Tracky wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:40 pm
The car is only quoted as being quicker because of launch control and the aggressive gear changes which nobody would want to live with.

You’d also look a complete plonker using it at the traffic lights. I’m sure many of you have seen this.



As stated there is also the mechanical sympathy for think about.
Funny video that, made me giggle a lot. They missed the school run pick-up though :lol:
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070

Elrao
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:50 am

Re: Update - GTS Driven & Deposit Paid!

Post by Elrao » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:05 pm

I think because it is a sporty SUV, not a comfy sports car.

To me the difference is that SC provides "Sports +" which you can't get without it, I was also told the button is essentially Sports ++; i.e. it IS different to just flooring it in either Sports or Sports +. However it does not give you any more "power", it is just down to how the PASM and PDK react.

You also get the "I", so you can just turn the dial every day, rather than click a few buttons to get the settings you apply 99% of the time you get in it.

Oh, and you get a clock.

On-Track
Posts: 841
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 12:59 pm
Location: Staffordshire

Re: Update - GTS Driven & Deposit Paid!

Post by On-Track » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:17 pm

Tracky wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:04 pm
I think I’ll leave it there as clearly I know nothing about Porsches....
Please don't. Your contributions are always welcome.

Wing Commander always used to say to new forum members "welcome to our friendly forum". I'm not trying to say you're a new member but this thread stretched the boundaries of "friendly".
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel

On-Track
Posts: 841
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 12:59 pm
Location: Staffordshire

Re: Update - GTS Driven & Deposit Paid!

Post by On-Track » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:22 pm

jaffacake wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:01 pm
On-Track wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:34 pm
Yes I have Sport Plus, it's part of the SC package. However, I have no intention of accessing it while the car is still running in.
But you use sport and the power button?

Is there an official running in process? I've never seen one.
I know you bought a 2018 car but does it have a manual in the glovebox? The official running in process is outlined in the manual and covers the first 3000 km (~1600 miles).
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel

User avatar
jaffacake
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:27 pm

Re: Update - GTS Driven & Deposit Paid!

Post by jaffacake » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:41 pm

On-Track wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:22 pm
I know you bought a 2018 car but does it have a manual in the glovebox? The official running in process is outlined in the manual and covers the first 3000 km (~1600 miles).
Yeah, got all the documentation, guess I just never looked in the early chapters as it wasn't a new car. After 12k miles any running in was done long before I got there. I searched and found another thread that pointed to external details regarding running in. Interesting reading, I didn't think it was so essential these days as I thought a lot of the bedding in was done prior to delivery.

Thanks for the info.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070

User avatar
SAC1
Posts: 1755
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: near BATH

Re: Update - GTS Driven & Deposit Paid!

Post by SAC1 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:48 pm

New tyres and brakes always need bedding / running in whether on a brand new car or one that's done more mileage.

.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

User avatar
Wing Commander
Posts: 14744
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Location: Swindon

Re: Update - GTS Driven & Deposit Paid!

Post by Wing Commander » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:22 am

On-Track wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:17 pm
Tracky wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:04 pm
I think I’ll leave it there as clearly I know nothing about Porsches....
Please don't. Your contributions are always welcome.

Wing Commander always used to say to new forum members "welcome to our friendly forum".
I agree with the above. :)

I still like to say ‘Welcome to our friendly forum’. I’m just not on here quite so much. ;)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCIIPK4

Post Reply