GTS ordered.

All your ordering information here!
geomacan

Post by geomacan »

Neilthurso wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:13 am Hi Folks,

I've just placed an order for a GTS.

looking for a wee bit of help -
I've read online that Porsche are changing the Macan for 2021, is this the case and if so is it the wrong time to order right now?

Also if anyone can help with regards to my Macan S Diesel pricing that would be good as no idea if I'm getting good value in the trade in.

Car is a Sept 2016 Macan S Diesel has done 37k and had approx £15k of extras.
Car is in excellent condition and still got the Gtech coating.

Any help/advice appreciated.
They have only just finished constructing the building that they will use to build the new electric Macan in Leipzig so they are saying late 2022 now for the first production. I believe they will continue with the petrol Macan until 2024 in parallel and the new 2021 models just have heated front seats as standard now and no Traffic Jam assist any more. I find out the complete list of changes tomorrow but I think that is it.

Neilthurso

Post by Neilthurso »

thanks for your reply.
Mamba Green Metallic Porsche Macan GTS (MY21)
Previous - 66 plate Macan S Diesel.
Neilthurso

Post by Neilthurso »

Thanks for all the replies, out of interest I tried the WBAC that was suggested and they are offering almost £29k although I know they chop you down when you turn up. Has now thrown me off track and will need to take stock of what I'm going to do.
Mamba Green Metallic Porsche Macan GTS (MY21)
Previous - 66 plate Macan S Diesel.
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

As regards WBAC, I sold them my Honda CRV when I bought my Macan in Jan20, they were offering £700 more than OPC , I got chipped £100 off for 2 stone chips on front, they didn’t try to batter down from that , so came out £600 in front. The Honda was very tidy though.
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Neilthurso wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:13 am
Also if anyone can help with regards to my Macan S Diesel pricing that would be good as no idea if I'm getting good value in the trade in.

Car is a Sept 2016 Macan S Diesel has done 37k and had approx £15k of extras.
Car is in excellent condition and still got the Gtech coating.

Any help/advice appreciated.
OPC will typically add a minimum £8k to your selling price but they will have to cost in the ex warranty to this. If WBAC are offering £2k more that’s a good start ( interestingly they offered me over £6k less ) but looking at your spec, it’s very decent, low miles, a diesel and with a towbar, if you’ve already paid out for the 4 year service? Put it on Auto trader or PH at least £32k.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Elrao

Post by Elrao »

I sold our S3 to Sytner's buyer this week (in preparation for my Macan GTS). Autotrader resulted in loads of "dealers" calling me, some quite pushy and some even aggressive when I told them I didn't want their £500 deposit for a car they had never seen. Sytner bought by RS4 2 years ago (for better money than WBAC) and the S3 price was fair (considering condition and options), but at £1k less than the small dealers were offering me. I took less money (in theory) for a simple, hassle free deal.

He showed me the "book price" on their system based on Registration, Mileage and condition (Good, Average, Poor) and he was offering more because of the colour and the options it had - meaning he knew he could sell it more easily (less time in stock). WBAC use the same data, whack on £500 to £1k (to beat the dealer), then aim to knock it off (and more) on inspection. Apparently their appraisers earn a commission based on the amount they manage to reduce the price by!!

His summary was that if your car is tidy and/or has very little in the way of desirable options, then they are a good option. However if it needs work they will grossly over estimate the damage costs and they won't adjust for options like an actual "dealer" who is looking to actually sell that car on a forecourt and not at auction.

It also worked for me as it was due a service and MOT and I didn't have to pay to have these done, as he said that Audi always have to do a service as part of the preparation - even if the car has literally just had one done.