New 2021 Macan GTS

All your ordering information here!
Phillis410

Post by Phillis410 »

Hi guys, new to the Porsche brand coming from many years with BMW, looking at some feed back on colours, managed to get a cancellation Order for November delivery and the spec lock date is fast approaching, after many sleepless nights getting the specifications right without ticking all the boxes and spending far to much money I’m now stuck on the colour,1st choice was Volcano grey and is still a contender but most of my previous cars have been grey, then considered Dolomite Silver but to similar to one of my previous BMW M4’s in Silverstone as I didn’t like the blue tints, not really keen on the other colour options available, I appreciate its a costly option but what are the general thoughts on Miami Blue?

Also thoughts on Paint quality, do these cars suffer from road rash, is PPF a must?

Any advice much appreciated!

B737NGWS

Post by B737NGWS »

Colour is very much a personal choice - I went for white for easiest upkeep (and cheapest)!
Unfortunately the car will pick up stone chips even during careful motorway driving. To protect our car (Petrol S) I had PPF put on the most critical areas: front, half bonnet, lower doors (around sideblades) and the front quarter wings (behind front wheels up to clamshell bonnet join). The big rear wheels will throw up stones onto rear bumper sides but the ‘black plastic’ lower area around the sills ( on our car - not sure if GTS is painted and flared!) helps reduce that issue. For winter driving I put on front mud flaps ( I know! ) which simply and quickly fit using current wheel arch liner screws.
Overkill maybe but I have no paint damage in 4 years.
Am waiting for my local detailer to finalise testing of windscreen film as this large area readily picks up road debris and replacement raises issues with resetting lane warning system camera etc.

A6F0D4E3-F26A-480F-B197-B1BB821B0830.jpeg

Dylan63

Post by Dylan63 »

As has been said, colour is a very personal choice. You asked about a Miami Blue. My wife chose that for her S after having Sapphire Blue for several years. I have to say that we both think it looks great and don’t regret choosing it at all. I’d add that it does need quite a bit of black eg, door handles, window surround and wheels. But we did have the number plate area painted. Overall it works well and is, well, different!
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

PPF is very worthwhile on a Macan as they can throw up stones.

Personally would avoid Miami as it’s quite a Marmite colour with a lot more haters than lovers which will be reflected at resale time. Sapphire blue all the way for me as it’s a beautiful colour and much cheaper than Miami.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Dylan63 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:11 pm As has been said, colour is a very personal choice. You asked about a Miami Blue. My wife chose that for her S after having Sapphire Blue for several years. I have to say that we both think it looks great and don’t regret choosing it at all. I’d add that it does need quite a bit of black eg, door handles, window surround and wheels. But we did have the number plate area painted. Overall it works well and is, well, different!
As the thread heading is GTS, the rear valance is painted in body colour as standard.

Having owned a Sapphire Blue Macan SD for five years and now owning a Carmine Red GTS, you can tell what my choice would be but that doesn't make anybody else's choice wrong. I had a Cayman in Miami Blue as a loan car and it looked great but I wouldn't choose that colour for a Macan but that's just me.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Phillis410 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:25 pm Hi guys, new to the Porsche brand coming from many years with BMW, looking at some feed back on colours, managed to get a cancellation Order for November delivery and the spec lock date is fast approaching, after many sleepless nights getting the specifications right without ticking all the boxes and spending far to much money I’m now stuck on the colour,1st choice was Volcano grey and is still a contender but most of my previous cars have been grey, then considered Dolomite Silver but to similar to one of my previous BMW M4’s in Silverstone as I didn’t like the blue tints, not really keen on the other colour options available, I appreciate its a costly option but what are the general thoughts on Miami Blue?

Also thoughts on Paint quality, do these cars suffer from road rash, is PPF a must?

Any advice much appreciated!
Hi,

This is the same place I got to when ordering my GTS so I feel your pain, the Porsche colour choice for me is pretty poor. I had volcano as my go to 1st choice then when I saw it outside in dull light, I decided I needed something a bit less ordinary. I like the white, but I came from an A4 in white so wanted a change and a bit more striking. I personally would not have a solid paint even if free, its too soft and add a £1.6k premium I would not consider it.
White looks very nice on the road and the Macan wears it well with some black accents, it would have to be metallic for me though.
The GTS classic colour is Carmine red so if going special at a premium I think this would be the sensible choice; I was not a fan of Miami blue, however a couple of weeks ago I saw one in the flesh on a wet dull day and it did look really good, come trade in time its not going to be as appealing to so many buyer though. I have Sapphire and have no regrets; it gets lots of positive comments.
What we did was go to numerous OPCs over several weeks to check out colours and wheel combinations until we found the right one.
Do you have a spec code?
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

There is a plain Miami blue one running around my way - as somebody posted above it needs a lot of black on it stand a chance

However I agree, I think it looks good on GT products but not a Macan.

All personal taste though.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S