Macan S Spec - First Porsche!

All your ordering information here!
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

For best resale value? Really need to keep the options value lowest and ensure you tick the right boxes. IMHO drop Porsche crest, heated screen, 21” wheels ( if no PASM ) Pan Roof, PDLS Plus, White? Add 75 litre tank, heated steering wheel. Although I personally wouldn’t follow any of this advice and just get exactly what I want, followed by a sharp intake of breath come resale time 😳 😊
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6

kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

bobbyg18 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:14 pm Hi All,

Been lurking on here for a while and decided to take the plunge and order a Macan S!

It's my first post but just wanted to share my build and reasoning behind it:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLZBCDL0

So I've gone for an S as it's my first Porsche and don't want to be disappointed by the 2.0 engine!
Ideally, I'd like to keep the car for a couple of years before getting another (fingers crossed). With that in mind I'm very conscious about the options I'm putting on as I know it can run away with itself and I really don't want to blow a tonne out of this and waste money in areas I don't need to be spending on if that makes sense. I'm sort of going for value retention and best bang for buck I guess!

Would appreciate your guys comments on the spec; I've put a pano on as I understand they're good for re-sale; not all that bothered by one tbh.

Thanks in advance everyone really appreciate the help!
If you want to maximise value retention and if you can stretch a bit the GTS is not that far away from your current spec, if as has been noted you add PASM, you are then crossing £10k in extras that will not give a return on trade in. I was in the same position looking to optimise residuals and minimise adding lots of options to an S, you get a lot of extras you have selected and lot of standards. The resale on the GTS will most likely offset the extra £5k jump.

An example spec:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMTPXSM5
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
pmg

Post by pmg »

kmacuk wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:28 am
bobbyg18 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:14 pm Hi All,

Been lurking on here for a while and decided to take the plunge and order a Macan S!

It's my first post but just wanted to share my build and reasoning behind it:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLZBCDL0

So I've gone for an S as it's my first Porsche and don't want to be disappointed by the 2.0 engine!
Ideally, I'd like to keep the car for a couple of years before getting another (fingers crossed). With that in mind I'm very conscious about the options I'm putting on as I know it can run away with itself and I really don't want to blow a tonne out of this and waste money in areas I don't need to be spending on if that makes sense. I'm sort of going for value retention and best bang for buck I guess!

Would appreciate your guys comments on the spec; I've put a pano on as I understand they're good for re-sale; not all that bothered by one tbh.

Thanks in advance everyone really appreciate the help!
If you want to maximise value retention and if you can stretch a bit the GTS is not that far away from your current spec, if as has been noted you add PASM, you are then crossing £10k in extras that will not give a return on trade in. I was in the same position looking to optimise residuals and minimise adding lots of options to an S, you get a lot of extras you have selected and lot of standards. The resale on the GTS will most likely offset the extra £5k jump.

An example spec:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMTPXSM5
Whilst I agree with the logic of a GTS, I can see two issues. His dealer might not have a GTS build slot left for delivery in 2020 running the Boris no deal risk.

Is not the advice to keep a GTS looking like a GTS. Personnaly I hate black spiders (the wheels that is) and that might stop me going down that route.

Of his actual extra's chosen only one the black window surrounds s added by GTS so a lot depends on whether he likes 20 inch black spiders
Last edited by pmg on Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Plus not everyone wants the GTS ride.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Whilst I agree with the logic of a GTS, I can see two issues. His dealer might not have a GTS build slot left for delivery in 2020 running the Boris no deal risk.

Is not the advice to keep a GTS looking like a GTS. Personnaly I hate black spiders (the wheels that is) and that might stop me going down that route.

Of his actual extra's chosen only one the black window surrounds s added by GTS so a lot depends on whether he likes 20 inch black spiders
The OP was looking for some advice and good residuals, as I was so as a 1st time Porsche purchaser I am putting as an option.

Actually, there are a few additional benefits that cost significantly less or are included in the OP's spec:

PDSL is standard PASAM too if it were to be added. Partial leather also standard.

If he sticks with 21" Spyders thats only a £640 upgrade vs the S at £2.8k

I agree on the black Spyders, I also did not want them and switched to the Turbo wheels, however as the OP was going white with black accents it could be a good option and if I had to take black wheels the white does look good.

Sports exhaust with black tips would also look good and something I looked at adding to an S, but the price put me off - or pushed me to GTS ;)

The GTS does not have high gloss side blades but does give body colour FOC

You gain a higher GFV, get more power and a twin turbo rather than a twin scroll engine. Better seats and GTS logos

There are other things too that may or may not appeal but, buying a car with a good residual and in-built options that also carry the residual is a much better bang for buck proposition to a fully loaded S, IMHO.

If you want the good ride then I doubt the OP would have selected 21" and no PASAM so guessing the PASAM GTS ride will be better.

Just some alternative advice and slot availability, budget and preference of teh OP will be big factors if this is useful advie or not.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

+1 on a modestly specced GTS (if you can get one) for decent value retention. 🤓
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
adam b

Post by adam b »

Agree on getting a pretty basic spec GTS over loading up an S.

Having bought second hand (and pretended I was selling 2nd hand) the two comments I would make is a) the first thing they all ask is does it have a pano roof, and b) no one cares at all about heating s/w except on here :)

assuming you stick with the S I would add PASM and save on LED/PDLS, roof rails and hearted windscreen (and crests but hey its £160)

biggest issue might be (sorry) the choice of white which is very marmite on a Macan IMHO
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)