GTS Order - Deposit Paid today!

All your ordering information here!
Withy1

Post by Withy1 »

So std Heated front seats aren't three stage like every other car in the world? I didn't get any info of this too when we ordered a GTS last week!
Arrived: Macan GTS Night Blue
Staying: Boxster 981 GTS GT Silver

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

JLR wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:58 pm My GTS arrives in a fortnight and not needing heated rear seats I simply went with the standard option of heated fronts only. The OPC didn’t mention that this was a simple on/off switch and I guess if I’d have known I would have gone for the front & back option. That said, when I use heated seats I rarely keep them on continuously, it’s more a matter of a short boost until the car heating is up to speed and then switch off. Perhaps if we lived in a particularly cold country it would be different. So in summary, I can live with the arrangement but it’s a bit poor that the new system wasn’t made perfectly clear by the OPC.
I agree with this statement
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
MaCantabrigian

Post by MaCantabrigian »

Hi, new here! I’m in the similar situation of my lock date approaching for my GTS due for December delivery, and trying to figure out if I need to spec the front and rear heated seats to get the three-stage control.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but no one actually has any knowledge of there being an alternative on/off system, right? The only thing pointing to that is the button appearing on the configurator when the box is ticked. No one has seen a car with an on/off system, or photos of such a button.

To me it seems far more likely that Porsche simply haven’t updated the configurator to reflect the MY21 changes. After all, this option used to make exactly the change that it currently does. I also don’t see any logic in Porsche wasting time and money designing and developed a new, worse system that they don’t have on any other car, when they already have the three-stage option ready to plug and play.

The option prices would also seem to suggest this is the case, with the option for front and rear on the MY21 being the same as the difference between front and front and rear on the MY20, ie the MY21 option is simply to add in rear seat heating.

Anyway, I’ve asked my dealer to find out, but not especially hopeful he’ll come back with a proper answer.
Rhys2004

Post by Rhys2004 »

But they have removed it from the configurator.Why do that if there is no change? Also the specifications are very clear .Heated seats included as standard.Heated seats front and rear with 3 stage control an option
MaCantabrigian

Post by MaCantabrigian »

Rhys2004 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:52 am But they have removed it from the configurator.Why do that if there is no change? Also the specifications are very clear .Heated seats included as standard.Heated seats front and rear with 3 stage control an option
What have they removed? It is exactly how it was for MY20 in that no button appears until you select the option. Go check it on a Macan S. I’m hypothesising that they just forgot to add the button to the standard configuration when updating it for the MY21 GTS.
SRG89

Post by SRG89 »

Morning Guys,

Just messing with my spec this morning following some suggestions.

Quick question, I know it's probably been done to death but do people find the SC worth it? I don't know whether or not its more of a gimmick or do you guys actually get your money's worth from it??
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

It has rather been done to death and it splits opinion.

Personally I think it’s more of a gimmick (particularly the launch control element). You get a Sport button as standard anyway (I rarely use it) and you can play with the paddles in manual mode whenever you want to have some real fun, in full control of the gear changes.

Many however wouldn’t be without it. Some like the convenience of the steering wheel mounted control (in gen 2), others like the dash mounted clock.

As usual, down to personal choice really.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

SRG89 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:27 am Morning Guys,

Just messing with my spec this morning following some suggestions.

Quick question, I know it's probably been done to death but do people find the SC worth it? I don't know whether or not its more of a gimmick or do you guys actually get your money's worth from it??
Previous discussions have indicated that around half of owners aren't that bothered and the other half wouldn't be without it.

I personally wouldn't have bought a car without it so ignored a lot of used cars on the market without even looking at them. Not having it will reduce the number of buyers, no doubt, and I'd argue it's more important to used buyers as that market tends to be looking for more bang for their buck.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

It depends too on your driving style. If you are a press on driver using A-roads then it is an advantage with more rapid acceleration. You can press the 20 second burst button or turn it to one of the pre-sets or Individual. You are speccing a GTS [not a 2.0] and it is seen as desirable on them. Having the dial on the steering wheel makes it far more accessible than on the Sport button on the centre console.

The dial on the top of the dashboard splits up that big expanse and makes it look more premium IMHO. On my SD I had the Compass dial for the same reason. Finally it provides another clock for passengers [and driver] to easily see.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
RGS

Post by RGS »

Heated rear seats for not a lot extra are worth doing, the switches fill the blank area on the rear console and give a more premium look to the interior and make a nice touch for rear seat passengers on a chilly day.