GTS Order - Deposit Paid today!

All your ordering information here!
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

MaCantabrigian wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:25 am
Rhys2004 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:52 am But they have removed it from the configurator.Why do that if there is no change? Also the specifications are very clear .Heated seats included as standard.Heated seats front and rear with 3 stage control an option
What have they removed? It is exactly how it was for MY20 in that no button appears until you select the option. Go check it on a Macan S. I’m hypothesising that they just forgot to add the button to the standard configuration when updating it for the MY21 GTS.
Two points here: heated front seats were not standard on MY20 GTS and Macan S is still at MY20.

My order was caught up in factory Covid 19 lockdown and the GTS configurator switching to MY21. When the factory restarted, I had 24 hours to finalise my spec and was using the MY21 version on the configurator. When the car arrived it was MY20. I actually got front and rear heated seats for the MY21 price though my order quoted the MY20 price and the OPC refunded the difference.

Don't be too hard on the OPC if they're not sure exactly what was going on as even Porsche GB wasn't aware of exactly what changes came in when.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel

MaCantabrigian

Post by MaCantabrigian »

On-Track wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:36 am Two points here: heated front seats were not standard on MY20 GTS and Macan S is still at MY20.
That's exactly my point, the configurator probably just hasn't been correctly updated since MY20. Nothing has been removed as was previously suggested, rather it's just that nothing has changed at all.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

JLR wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:58 pm My GTS arrives in a fortnight and not needing heated rear seats I simply went with the standard option of heated fronts only. The OPC didn’t mention that this was a simple on/off switch and I guess if I’d have known I would have gone for the front & back option. That said, when I use heated seats I rarely keep them on continuously, it’s more a matter of a short boost until the car heating is up to speed and then switch off. Perhaps if we lived in a particularly cold country it would be different. So in summary, I can live with the arrangement but it’s a bit poor that the new system wasn’t made perfectly clear by the OPC.
The new GTS configurator came online at the beginning of June but my OPC was told that MY21 GTS production would only start in September. If the heated front seats you specified show on your order as a priced option (£294) then your car will be MY20 with the three levels. It all depends on whether your car is one of the last of the 20 MY cars or one of the first MY 21.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
MaCantabrigian

Post by MaCantabrigian »

For those who think there is now just an on/off switch, where do you think that button is? Wouldn't it surely be in the same place, just as a toggle button rather than three-stage? But that isn't shown on the configurator either...
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

This configurator thing is interesting.

Has anybody else seen what happens if you choose seat ventilation, without choosing heated rear seats?

Ooooh
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
SRG89

Post by SRG89 »

jaffacake wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:44 am
SRG89 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:27 am Morning Guys,

Just messing with my spec this morning following some suggestions.

Quick question, I know it's probably been done to death but do people find the SC worth it? I don't know whether or not its more of a gimmick or do you guys actually get your money's worth from it??
Previous discussions have indicated that around half of owners aren't that bothered and the other half wouldn't be without it.

I personally wouldn't have bought a car without it so ignored a lot of used cars on the market without even looking at them. Not having it will reduce the number of buyers, no doubt, and I'd argue it's more important to used buyers as that market tends to be looking for more bang for their buck.
I was sort of on the fence about it but I do have to consider your comment also regarding buyers. Trying not to load up extras- I'll be totally honest trying not to lose a tonne out of it when it comes to selling or trading in... however if it makes it more appealing when it comes to sell it may be a necessity!
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

SRG89 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:14 pm Hi all,

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMZYC2J7
That's the spec I've gone for; I know Crayon is marmite, probably take a hit on resale but I really do love it!
Quite a small spec but feel a low spec GTS is better than a spec'd up S
Thanks!
Welcome SRG. Certainly nothing wrong with Crayon👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

SRG89 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:07 pm I was sort of on the fence about it but I do have to consider your comment also regarding buyers. Trying not to load up extras- I'll be totally honest trying not to lose a tonne out of it when it comes to selling or trading in... however if it makes it more appealing when it comes to sell it may be a necessity!
Most people buy the GTS for the extra performance, SC is a good fit in that market.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
geomacan

Post by geomacan »

Rhys2004 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:32 pm I brought up the subject of the heated seats with the loss of the 3 stage control .If you order the car without rear seat heating you get an on off switch .If you order the rear heating as well you get the 3 stage heating in the front. This IS based on the pictures and if you study them carefully you see the 3 stage heating switch added when you specify the rear seat heating.This is not shown when you just accept the standard heating.Also in the specifications there is no mention of 3 staged heating as standard but they are mentioned when you specify rear seat heating.In the end ,after long discussions with the sales guy we went along with just the standard heating as the back seats are never used in our car.Will let you know the outcome next month when ours arrives.
Not convinced about this since it means Porsche have to add different options to the production line. I see no reason why they would do this.
MaCantabrigian

Post by MaCantabrigian »

Dealer just called and said he’s checked with Porsche and the standard option for MY21 is indeed the three-stage heating in the front. There’s no such thing as the on/off heating.