GTS Order - Deposit Paid today!

All your ordering information here!
SRG89

Post by SRG89 »

Hi all,

Ordered my first Porsche today, paid deposit for late December / early Jan delivery, very excited to say the least.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMZYC2J7

That's the spec I've gone for; I know Crayon is marmite, probably take a hit on resale but I really do love it!

Quite a small spec but feel a low spec GTS is better than a spec'd up S.

Looking forward to being part of the forum, appreciate any criticism of my spec currently or any recommendations,

Thanks!

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

A warm welcome SRG89; great choice with the GTS.

My two penneth worth...in ascending price order - for consideration of extra items:

Smoking pack [covers hole below switches row]
Power steering plus [easier a parking speeds]
Speed limit indicator [these are deceptively fast cars]
Seat heating F&R [with collection in Jan you will make best use of these]
Sport chrono [great fun for extracting max go and ease of access on steering wheel]
Panoramic roof [lets the light in especially with your black interior - even if you never tilt / open it - I do both regularly]

Drop:
Crest on armrest
Comfort lighting
if you want to offset the above costs.

What car do you have now?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Welcome to the forum.

Just to add to Steve's suggestions, front seat heating is standard but you only get the full three level control of the front seats if you specify rear heated seats so there's quite a lot of benefit for little money.

I'd add the GTS extended leather interior in crayon to match the exterior and break up the black everywhere interior.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
stallturn

Post by stallturn »

The statement that 'you only get the full three level heating control of the front seats if you specify rear heated seats' (on MY21 cars) has been made several times on this forum. I have a Macan order shortly to lockdown, and my salesman tells me that he is not aware of this change.
I (and especially my wife) do not want to have front seat heating that is just ON/OFF.
Can anyone confirm, or de-bunk, this statement on front seating heating?
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

stallturn wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:38 pm The statement that 'you only get the full three level heating control of the front seats if you specify rear heated seats' (on MY21 cars) has been made several times on this forum. I have a Macan order shortly to lockdown, and my salesman tells me that he is not aware of this change.
I (and especially my wife) do not want to have front seat heating that is just ON/OFF.
Can anyone confirm, or de-bunk, this statement on front seating heating?
Must admit I found this odd.

No car I’ve been in over the years (only 35) has just had an ON/OFF switch.

From a practical point of view I don’t see the benefit of this to Porsche given the supply line/factory situation versus the hope of people ordering the full package to get the full 3 tier heating.

Don’t quote me but was some of this idea not based on a assumption that they couldn’t see the ‘3 lights’ on the interior computer generated image when speccing your car?
SRG89

Post by SRG89 »

SAC1 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:01 pm A warm welcome SRG89; great choice with the GTS.

My two penneth worth...in ascending price order - for consideration of extra items:

Smoking pack [covers hole below switches row]
Power steering plus [easier a parking speeds]
Speed limit indicator [these are deceptively fast cars]
Seat heating F&R [with collection in Jan you will make best use of these]
Sport chrono [great fun for extracting max go and ease of access on steering wheel]
Panoramic roof [lets the light in especially with your black interior - even if you never tilt / open it - I do both regularly]

Drop:
Crest on armrest
Comfort lighting
if you want to offset the above costs.

What car do you have now?
Thanks for the advice!
The reason I've put the crest on armrest was purely to have a leather armrest. I thought the alcantara would wear easily with an elbow digging into it?
I can drop the comfort lighting also
SRG89

Post by SRG89 »

On-Track wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:22 pm Welcome to the forum.

Just to add to Steve's suggestions, front seat heating is standard but you only get the full three level control of the front seats if you specify rear heated seats so there's quite a lot of benefit for little money.

I'd add the GTS extended leather interior in crayon to match the exterior and break up the black everywhere interior.
I would love the extended leather but I'm trying to keep it the options down if I can, would like to keep for 2/3 years and get another if resale permits.

This is going to be the Mrs daily driver, for some reason she hates sunroofs :lol: so I didnt see the sense putting it on to be honest!
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

"The reason I've put the crest on armrest was purely to have a leather armrest. I thought the alcantara would wear easily with an elbow digging into it?"

I had Alcantara on my previous SD's seats and absolutely no wear marks after 3 yrs / 18,000m even with three young children regularly occupying the rear seats. On the GTS mine has Alcantara on the central armrest as well as the door armrests. Too early to be certain, but no wear so far.

The MY2021 GTS uses Race Tex.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Rhys2004

Post by Rhys2004 »

I brought up the subject of the heated seats with the loss of the 3 stage control .If you order the car without rear seat heating you get an on off switch .If you order the rear heating as well you get the 3 stage heating in the front. This IS based on the pictures and if you study them carefully you see the 3 stage heating switch added when you specify the rear seat heating.This is not shown when you just accept the standard heating.Also in the specifications there is no mention of 3 staged heating as standard but they are mentioned when you specify rear seat heating.In the end ,after long discussions with the sales guy we went along with just the standard heating as the back seats are never used in our car.Will let you know the outcome next month when ours arrives.
JLR

Post by JLR »

My GTS arrives in a fortnight and not needing heated rear seats I simply went with the standard option of heated fronts only. The OPC didn’t mention that this was a simple on/off switch and I guess if I’d have known I would have gone for the front & back option. That said, when I use heated seats I rarely keep them on continuously, it’s more a matter of a short boost until the car heating is up to speed and then switch off. Perhaps if we lived in a particularly cold country it would be different. So in summary, I can live with the arrangement but it’s a bit poor that the new system wasn’t made perfectly clear by the OPC.
Current: MY21 Carmine Red Macan GTS
Sold: 2017 BMW 540i Touring